The Global Solutions Initiative is currently inviting applications from talented and motivated young entrepreneurs for Recoupling Young Global Changers Awards. The Global Solutions Initiative aims to address this trend by creating proposals to better align economic and political activities with environmental sustainability and social well-being.
Young Global Changers (YGC) are people with innovative ideas on how to make this world a better place. They must have developed a project or initiative to turn these ideas into action.
Prize Sponsors: The Global Solutions Initiative, Germany
Host institutions: Young Global Changers (YGC)
Prize Value: £5,000
Number of awards: Enough
Level of education: Young Innovators & Entrepreneurs
Nationality: All nationalities
See also: Federal Government Scholarship Awards (BEA) for Study Abroad 2023/2024
DETAILS | Recoupling Young Global Changers Awards
The Young Global Changers program brings together these young people from around the world who are working for a global paradigm shift, combining their talents and together becoming a powerful voice for change.
With the Young Global Changers Recoupling Awards, they want to recognize and reward youth-led projects and initiatives from around the world that embody this recoupling approach.
To be eligible for the Young Global Changers Recoupling Awards, applicants are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Young entrepreneurs or innovators who have started or are participating in a leadership role in a social enterprise that aims to align economic activity with environmental sustainability and social well-being.
- New business leaders who aim to change “business as usual” from the inside (“intrapreneurs”).
- New non-profit actors, community organizers, advocacy leaders, activists or implementers of social, economic or environmental change at a local, regional or even global level.
- The project, business or initiative you are applying for must aim at reconnection, i.e. better aligning economic or political activities with social well-being and environmental sustainability.
- The applicant should have a leadership position in the project/initiative they are applying for. (eg founder, co-founder, project lead, initiator or similar role.)
- Applicant must be between 18 and 35 years old.
- Applicants must be willing and motivated to become active members of a global network that aims to bring about lasting global change.
These are the benefits for the Young Global Changers Recoupling Awards:
- Scholarship to attend the Global Solutions Summit 2023
- Exclusive networking opportunities
- An opportunity to present your work in front of a jury and an international audience
You may also like: The University of Winnipeg Entrance Awards for International Students 2022-23
How to apply: Those interested should follow the steps below:
Complete the online application form and include all relevant information about your project. There are no costs associated with the application. The following information and materials must be provided for a successful submission:
- Personal information (name, email address, place of residence, date and place of birth)
- Project information (project name, project description, link with remapping)
- Upload the following documents: 1. resume, 2. project description, 3. your photo, 4. short video (max. 5 minutes)
The selection and evaluation of the projects will be done by a jury. From all submitted projects, the best 50 will be presented on our website, at least 10 projects will be selected for the final round in Berlin.
The best initiatives among the finalists will be presented before a live expert jury and a global audience at the Global Solutions Summit 2023 on 15/16 May in Berlin. The pitch can be held digitally or on-site. (It will not be a disadvantage if one of the finalists is unable to attend the summit in Berlin in person.).
Application deadline: January 16, 2023