Applications are now open to all eligible students worldwide for the York Science Scholars Award 2023/2024 in Canada. The scholarship is an initiative of York University’s Faculty of Science in Canada aimed at attracting great minds to the study of science.
The University of York School of Science is eagerly awaiting applications for the prestigious York Science Scholars Award (YSSA) programme. In line with the vision of preparing global thinkers to advance knowledge and human progress, the Science Scholars program nurtures the intellectual and professional development of high-achieving, passionate science students entering the School.
Scholarship Sponsors: University of York.
Scholarships to be taken: York University, Canada.
Scholarship Type: Partial Funding/Educational Support.
Scholarship Worth: Up to $10,000.
Number of awards: 25 scholarships will be awarded
Scholarship level: Undergraduate.
nationality: Domestic and international students
See also: International Scholarship Entry Students Awings at York University, Canada
DETAILS | York Science Scholars Award 2023/2024
The York Science Scholars program provides up to 25 first-year students with awards of $10,000 each. This Faculty of Science award is considered separately and in addition to any other York University or Faculty of Science admissions awards and scholarships.
The $10,000 York Science Scholars Award is awarded in two parts:
- $5,000 as entrance scholarship
- $5,000 as a guaranteed summer research position after the first year of study
All students, Canadian and International, who have applied for admission to York University’s Faculty of Science for full-time study beginning in Fall 2023 are eligible to apply for this program. Newly enrolled freshmen in the Faculty of Arts are not eligible to receive this award.
Other criteria are categorized as such;
1) High academic performance: Although we consider YSSA applications holistically, competitive applications tend to have a minimum average of A- (80%, or equivalent) and higher.
2) Demonstrated passion for science and community service, have demonstrated leadership skills and a desire to make a difference for their communities.
3) Well rounded candidates who demonstrate involvement beyond academics, for example, in community service, achievement in sports, arts or hobbies.
4) English Language Scores:
For international students who require an English language test for admission to York University, the competitive English scores are:
• YELT: band 1
• TOEFL: iBT 100
• IELTS: 7.5
Please submit your HSA applications directly to the Faculty of Arts either digitally or in hard copy no later than March 1, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
1) Complete the application form: You can fill out the application form through us Web portal.
2) Write your personal statements: Please read it Guidelines carefully and choose two topics that you are most passionate about.
3.) Complete other steps: Complete all other steps as mentioned in the official application portal.
Application deadline: March 1, 2023.