Wolfson Postgraduate Scholarships at York University: The Wolfson Foundation awards funding to outstanding students who demonstrate the potential to make an impact in their chosen field of study. These scholarships are available to international (including EU) and UK (home) students with notable academic excellence.
Government schemes, such as Doctoral Training Partnerships (DTPs) and Centers for Doctoral Training (CDTs), are the main sources of financial support for postgraduate researchers. We award over £7m of funding each year Research and Innovation in the UK (ukri.org).
Scholarship Sponsors: Wolfson Foundation
Scholarship Type: Academic Excellence Award
Host institutions: University of York, UK
Scholarship Worth: £17,668 per annum, plus tuition fees
Number of awards: Enough
Level of education: Postgraduate
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
Also apply: University of Manchester Doctoral President’s Award (PDS) 2023 (Fully Funded)
Wolfson Postgraduate Scholarships | DETAILS
We update many of our opportunities annually, so some of those listed below may soon become available for applications again.
To be eligible, you must:
- Open to international (including EU) and UK (domestic) students.
- Students can submit one application for funding through the open competition in either York, Leeds or Sheffield.
- You have applied and ideally you will receive an offer of a place on a PhD program in the relevant department
- You have a first or 2:1 honors degree or equivalent before starting the PhD
- Have completed a Master’s degree before starting the PhD
- You have a research project that fits into at least one of the Wolfson Foundation’s History, Languages and Literature thematic disciplines.
- The candidate should apply for a place on a course in one of the following departments:
- Department of Archaeology
- Department of English and Related Literature
- Department of History
- Department of Art History
- Department of Language and Linguistic Science
- Department of Music
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Theatre, Film, Television and Interactive Media
- Center for Medieval Studies
- Center for Women’s Studies
You may also like: United Nations Sustainability University Scholarship for International Students
How to apply: You should apply for a place on a PhD program at least one month before the study application deadline.
Up to 48 hours after completing your PhD application, you will receive a 9-digit ID number. You will need this number to submit your study application.
You should also allow time to discuss your study application with your supervisor.
You must apply online through the WRoCAH website. The application form and Instructions for Applicants are available here:
Application deadline: 25 January 2023