Applications are invited from well-qualified female African undergraduate students admitted to a University, College or Institute of Learning in Africa for higher WAAW Foundation Scholarship 2022/2023.
The annual WAAW Foundation Awards STEM scholarships to students who demonstrate need and demonstrate their status as full-time students in a STEM-related course at an African University. Recipients should start a STEM Outreach Chapter at their university.
Scholarship Sponsors: WAAW Foundation
Scholarship Type: Partial Financing
Host institutions: Foundations in Africa
Scholarship Worth: $500
Number of awards: enough
Level of education: College student
WAAW Foundation Scholarship 2022/2023 | Eligibility criteria
To be considered for the 2022/2023 WAAW Foundation Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Students of African descent, living and studying in Africa.
- He is currently enrolled in an undergraduate BSdegree program.
- Studying STEM related courses at a University or college in Africa.
- Demonstrated financial need.
- Excellent academic record.
- Proven leadership, volunteerism and community service.
- Under the age of 32.
- Only first and second year students can apply. And also students in their third year if they are studying a five-year course.
- Eligible course: All fields of Engineering, All fields of Computer Science, Sciences and Mathematics. Industrial Chemistry, Biochemistry, Zoology; Agriculture, Geography, Statistics, etc.
How to apply: Interested applicants for the 2022/2023 WAAW Foundation Scholarship must complete online application until the application deadline. Applicants must possess the following:
- Fully completed application form.
- Personal and contact details.
- Educational Background and Family Information.
- A statement of need should describe why the scholarship funds are needed and what the funds will be used for if received.
- Essays are vital criteria in determining which candidates will be selected. Answers to essay questions about your career goals and how you expect the WAAW scholarship will help your education. Have your essay answers ready before you start the application.
- In 500 words or less, write an essay about your future career goals and how you expect the WAAW Foundation Scholarship to help meet those goals.
- In 300 words or less, describe what you think about women’s education in Africa and its impact on research, development or progress in African economies.
- In 500 words or less, what is your proudest accomplishment to date 4. Describe in ten or less why you need a scholarship. Tell us about your need or personal/family/financial situation and how funds from the WAAW Scholarship will help your education and career plans.
- Two academic/professional references. Note letters of recommendation and transcripts are NOT required at the time of application. ONLY after a candidate is qualified. However, you must provide the names of 2 references in your application.
ONLY shortlisted candidates will need to send the following additional information to complete this process.
- 2 references; One MUST be written by a professor from your institution of study and the other by an academic supervisor/advisor or mentor to be emailed to your referee.
- A copy of a current signed and sealed transcript from your university will be emailed to [email protected] A copy of the student’s school ID must be scanned and emailed to us.
Application deadline: November 12, 2022
Visit the Official Website for more details