Global Undergraduate Exchange Program 2023/24: Application for the Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (UGRAD) is open for the academic term 2023/24. The Global UGRAD program provides undergraduate students without a degree I study abroad in the United States on a competitive basis for university students.
The World College student The Exchange Program also known as the Global UGRAD program provides one-semester scholarships to outstanding undergraduate students from around the world for full-time non-degree studies combined with community service, professional development and cultural enrichment.
Scholarship Sponsors: US Department of State
Scholarship to be awarded: USA
Level of education: College student
Number of awards: It is not specified
Scholarship Worth: It is not specified
Nationality: See eligible countries
You may also be interested in: US Embassy Community College Initiative Program Scholarship 2021
Global Undergraduate Exchange Program 2022/23 | DETAILS
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for the Global Undergraduate Exchange Program 2023/24 for non-US citizens, applicants must:
- Be over 18 years old
- Be a citizen of a country participating in UGRAD and currently reside in that country
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate in good standing at any accredited university, public or private, and have at least one semester at their home university upon completion of the UGRAD program
- Have completed secondary education in their country of origin
- Have good written and spoken English (English Language training is possible for some finalists)
- Be able to begin studies in the United States in August 2023 or January 2024 (selected participants cannot defer to a later date)
- Be eligible to obtain and maintain the US student exchange visa (J-1) required for the program
- Doctor’s approval to participate in the program
- Commit to return to their home country after completing the program.
Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, China, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Egypt, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Georgia, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Macedonia, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritania, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, North Macedonia, Palestine Territories (West Bank and Gaza), Panama, Paraguay, Philippines, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zimbabwe.
How to apply: Applicants for the Global Undergraduate Exchange Program 2023/24 must apply through American embassy (Public Affairs Department) or Fulbright Commission in your country.
Application deadline: December 15, 2021 at 12 midnight Eastern Time.