The Vice-Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship is currently open for applications from interested and eligible candidates. This is to promote educational opportunities, promote internationalization and support talented international applicants enrolling new students in undergraduate or postgraduate programme at the University of Waikato.
The Scholarships are tuition credits and are worth up to NZD$15,000 undergraduate students and postgraduate students up to NZD 15,000, and are awarded to high-achieving candidates who have demonstrated academic excellence.
Scholarship Sponsors: University of Waikato, New Zealand
Host institutions: University of Waikato, New Zealand
Scholarship Worth: NZ$15,000
Number of awards: enough
Level of education: Undergraduate & Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
See also: Curtin University Singapore Academic Scholarship for International Students 2023
DETAILS | Vice-Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship
The number of scholarships offered and the value of each scholarship offered is at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee and is based on criteria such as: available funding, intended program of study, length of intended program of study, number of credits enrolled, and GPA equivalency.
It may also be based on, but is not limited to, financial need, total funding available, number of applicants, and program of study selected. The scholarship will be applied directly to the recipient’s tuition fees for the agreed program of study either at the time of enrollment or upon completion of their enrollment.
Successful applicants will be invited to become global ambassadors for the University of Waikato.
To be eligible for the Vice President’s International Excellence Scholarship, applicants are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must apply for full-time enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program
- Applicants applying as a new international student to the University of Waikato
- Applicants must have received a conditional or unconditional offer of a place from the University of Waikato (including a degree offer accompanied by a Certificate of Achievement in English, Certificate of Achievement in Foundation Studies, Certificate of University Preparation, International Diploma (Business), International Diploma (Computer Science) or Pre-Master’s) at the University of Waikato).
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA-equivalent of B+ in the qualification used to gain entry to the University of Waikato.
- Applicants must not currently be enrolled at the University of Waikato in any undergraduate or postgraduate program that has not paid fees at the time of application.
- Applicants must not come to the University of Waikato through a sponsoring body
- Applicants must not be coming to the University of Waikato on a Guaranteed Credit Agreement or through a study abroad or student exchange agreement.
Also Apply: Massey International University Postgraduate Excellence Scholarship 2023
How to apply: Applications for the scholarship can be submitted at any time and decisions will normally be made within 8 to 12 weeks from the time of application. Applicants must upload all of the following as part of their online application:
- A conditional or unconditional offer of a place from the University of Waikato.
- A personal statement setting out the following (in the template):
- In 100 words or less tell us why you want to study at the University of Waikato?
- In 100 words or less tell us how you will become a global ambassador for the University of Waikato?
If for any reason a recipient is unable to complete their registration and commence studies at the University of Waikato within the same calendar year, they may request a deferment of their scholarship by completing the Scholarship Variation Application Form.
Application deadline: Not stated