Applications are currently invited for University of Stavanger PhD Scholarship in Computer Science in the School of Science and Technology, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. The position is vacant for appointment as soon as possible.
This is an intern position that will provide promising researchers with the opportunity for academic development through a PhD education leading to a Ph.D. The appointment is for three years with exclusive research duties or four years with research and 25% mandatory duties.
Community Sponsors: University of Stavanger, Norway
Host institutions: University of Stavanger, Norway
Scholarship Worth: NOK 491 200 gross per year
Number of awards: enough
Level of education: PhD
Nationality: International Students
Also Apply: Intra-African Mobility Scholarship 3rd Calls for Applications 2022 (Fully Funded)
DETAILS | Doctoral scholarship of the University of Stavanger
The inductee will be accepted into the Doctoral Program in Science and Technology. The training includes relevant courses for approximately six months of study, a thesis based on independent research, participation in national and international research environments, relevant academic communication, a trial lecture and a public defence.
The KATS project is about increasing industry capacity for research-based innovation to improve road tunnel safety domestically and internationally. The aim is to increase interdisciplinary research capacity, cooperation and competence between companies, businesses, authorities and the research environment.
To be eligible for a PhD at the University of Stavanger scholarship in Computer Science, applicants are expected to meet the following requirements:
- They must be nominated international students.
- Applicants with completed one-year university studies in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, UK, USA
- Applicants with an International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma.
- Applicants with a completed Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree taught in English in an EU/EEA country.
- Applicants with a strong academic background who have completed five postgraduate degrees (3+2) in a relevant field (e.g. Computer Science, ICT, Telecommunications, C-ITS, transfer year), recently acquired; or hold equivalent qualifications that they could form the basis for the successful completion of a Ph.D.
- Motivations and opportunities for research in the field
- Professional and personal skills to complete the PhD within the time frame
- Ability to work independently and in a team, innovative and creative
- Ability to work structured and manage a heavy workload
- Good command of both spoken and written English
See also: Fulbright Scholarship Application 2023 | what to know
How to apply: To apply for this position, please follow the “Apply for this position” link. Your application letter, relevant education and work experience, and language skills should be listed here.
The following documents must be uploaded as attachments to your application:
- Cover letter explaining your interest in the project and the relevance of your background and experience to the position. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
- Resume with a full summary of your education and experience
- References, academic certificates/diplomas and other documents you consider relevant
- Diploma supplement or similar and confirmed conversion scale if required
- Documentation of English proficiency, if required
- Publications or other related research work
Available applications are evaluated based on the information available to Jobbnorge at the application deadline. You should ensure that your application clearly shows how your skills and experience meet the criteria set out above and that you have attached the necessary documentation.
The documentation must be available in either Scandinavian language or English. If the total size of attachments exceeds 30 MB, they must be compressed before uploading.
Application deadline: Not set