Applications are hereby invited from interested and eligible students for the University of Sheffield Sanctuary International Visitor Support Programme.
The Sanctuary International Visitors Support Scheme was created to help international student academics who had left their homeland due to persecution or violence.
Scholarship Sponsors: University of Sheffield, UK
Host institutions: University of Sheffield, UK
Scholarship Worth: fully funded
Number of awards: enough
Level of education: Masters & PhD
Nationality: International Students
Also Apply: Top 10 Fully Funded Scholarships to Study Abroad in 2022
DETAILS | Sheffield Sanctuary International Support Scheme
The University of Sheffield offers funding to academics to pursue their research in Sheffield for a period of up to 12 months.
- Visiting researcher status based in a host department at the University of Sheffield
- You will be assigned an academic mentor
- You will be assigned a key contact for support with practical aspects of your visit
- Access to library loans, services and online resources
- Access to other university services such as a confidential advice helpline, the English Language Teaching Centre, access to a partner computer account
To be eligible for the University of Sheffield Sanctuary International Visitor Support Programme, applicants are expected to meet the following requirements:
- You must be an academic who has been displaced or affected by conflict or persecution in your country
- You must be able to obtain a UK visa under the Ukraine visa schemes or another type of UK visa, if any, in the case of other nationalities
- Your proposed area of research should align with areas of research at the University of Sheffield. here is one list of our academic departments
- Candidates are expected to remain employed at their home institution and return to their home country to summarize their research when it is safe and appropriate to do so.
Successful applicants for the University of Sheffield Sanctuary International Visitor Support Program will receive the following:
- Living Allowance £17,350 per annum (pro rata)
- Additional payment of £5,000 per year (pro-rated) per dependent (up to 3 dependents)
- Arrival expenses, including travel, up to £2,500
- Accommodation: under the Homes for Ukraine program free accommodation for at least 6 months is provided as part of the visa requirement. Applicants who are not eligible for the Homes for Ukraine program will receive support to find suitable accommodation
- Project-related costs of up to £2,500
You may also like: Torrens University Australia International Scholarships 2023-2024
How to apply: Interested applicants seeking International Visitor Support Scheme at Sheffield Sanctuary University should complete the application form and send your application form and CV to [email protected]
Application deadline: November 13, 2023