University of Michigan African Presidential Scholars Program: Applications are invited from early career professors from African universities for the University of Michigan African Presidential Scholars Program 2022/23.
The program is designed to support the development of the next crop of African scholars by integrating them into international academic networks and promoting the University of Michigan’s international commitment to research and teaching collaborations.
Scholarship Sponsors: University of Michigan, USA
Scholarship Type: Full Financing
Host institutions: University of Michigan
Scholarship Worth: It is not specified
Number of awards: enough
Level of education: Postgraduate
Apply for: Fully Funded Ireland Scholarship Program for Africans 2023/24 (Closes Soon)
University of Michigan African Presidential Scholars Program | Eligibility criteria
To be considered for the African Presidential Scholars Program at the University of Michigan, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a faculty member who has taught in the higher education system for less than ten years and who currently teaches at a college or university in Africa.
- Take up a permanent position at a university or college in Africa.
- Be able to demonstrate support from a home institution with a letter of recommendation from the department head, dean or vice-chancellor.
- Be able to stay in residence for five months.
You may like: MO Ibrahim Leadership Fellowship 2022 for Africans
How to apply: The application process takes two forms. Applicants from colleges or universities in Ethiopia, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, South Africa, and Uganda may apply directly, while applicants from outside these countries will be nominated by a UM faculty member who is familiar with the prospective applicant’s work; The candidate school must:
- Complete online nomination form (for University of Michigan faculty only and access requires a UM login).
- Submit/upload a letter of approval stating their willingness to serve as a mentor during the residency, commit to meeting regularly, and if possible, provide an office space for the prospective participant.
Once the completed nomination form and letter of support is received, a link to the application portal will be sent to the candidate’s email.
All applicants should:
- complete the online application form (this link can only be used directly by applicants from Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, South Africa and Uganda)
- Upload the CV using the online application.
- upload to scientific program/research proposal does not exceed five pages.
- Provide the name and contact information of the department chair, dean, or vice chancellor at the applicant’s home institution who will write the letter of support.
Application deadline: October 15, 2022