University of Manchester Doctoral President’s Award (PDS): Applications are welcome from international students as the University of Manchester offers more than 100 scholarships each year through the President’s Doctoral Scholarship Award programme, initiated by Professor Dame Nancy Rothwell.
The PDS award will give the most outstanding students from around the world an institution to support research training with eminent academics in a full range of subjects.
Scholarship Sponsors: University of Manchester, United Kingdom
Scholarship Type: Full Financing
Host institutions: University of Manchester, United Kingdom
level of education: Doctoral Program
Scholarships Value: All university fees at an international rate
Number of awards: 100+
Nationality: International students
Also Check: University of Manchester Global Futures Scholarship to Study in UK
University of Manchester Doctoral President’s Award | DETAILS
The University will only consider applications for these full scholarships when you receive an official offer. Application forms will be provided to the Primary Supervisor after a letter of offer has been issued to the candidate for a PhD programme.
Applicants are expected to meet the following eligibility criteria for the University of Manchester Doctoral President’s Award (PDS) 2023
- Hold a conditional/unconditional offer for a PhD program starting in September 2023.
- You hold (or are about to obtain) a first-class undergraduate degree (or international equivalent) from a reputable institution.
- Ideally hold a Master’s level degree with merit or distinction (or international equivalent).
- Have a track record of engaging in research. This may include contributions to publications/articles, promotion of their research to a wider audience, awards for research work or work.
- Must be interested in attending a series of exclusive events to facilitate interactions with the academic community and network with other PDS awardees.
The benefits of the University of Manchester President’s Doctoral Scholar Award (PDS) 2022 3.5-year fully-funded fellowships will cover:
- All university fees at an international price.
- Annual maintenance grant (at UKRI rate).
How to apply:
If you wish to be considered, you must first go through all the usual admissions procedures and receive a conditional/unconditional PhD offer. Therefore, we request that PhD applications be submitted online from March 24, 2023 to enable review, interview and supervisor selection.
On your application form in the funding section, indicate that you intend to apply for a PDS award. See information about of potential projects and supervisors and information about how to submit an online PhD application.
Once you have been interviewed and offered a PhD place, you will work with your main supervisor to complete the PDS application form, which must be submitted to the Doctoral Academy School by April 28, 2023.
All PDS applications will be reviewed internally and a shortlist of candidates will be interviewed before final funding offers are made. Interviews are expected to take place in early June 2023. We will award three fully funded scholarships within the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health.
Application deadline: March 24, 2023