Do you wish to enroll for PhD studies at the University of Edinburgh in the UK? Then apply for one of the many Funded Doctoral Research Programs at the University of Edinburgh reporting in 2022-2023. Take advantage of the opportunity of a funded research project at your disposal international PhD candidates. These projects are primarily funded by a research council on an as-needed basis.
The availability of funded research projects varies significantly by subject area. They are usually offered in medical, scientific and technical disciplines where the cost of research is high and where specified projects can be used to contribute to a wider area of research. However, it is worth checking whether there are funded research projects available in the arts, humanities and social sciences.
Scholarship Sponsors: University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Host institutions: University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Scholarship Type: Postgraduate Research Scholarships
Scholarship Worth: Partial to full cost of the Research Program
Number of awards: enough
Level of education: PhD
nationality: International students
You may also like: PhD Positions at University of Copenhagen 2023-2024
Eligibility Criteria | University of Edinburgh Funded Doctoral Research Programmes
The selection process for a funded project often works in the same way as applying for a job, where there are usually limited numbers available, so it can be competitive. You must also demonstrate your suitability to work alongside others in a research team.
Here are some things to remember:
- Funded projects tend to have early academic year deadlines, so be prepared to apply before January of the year before you plan to start your studies.
- Projects and studies can be advertised in different places. The majority will be listed on FindaPhd.com and shown below, but you should also check the school and research center/institute websites.
- Check the funding status and eligibility criteria of the project you are interested in. If funding is not available then you will need to investigate other funding opportunities to fund your research.
- Some projects may require you to submit a research proposal as part of your application or contact a supervisor before you apply, but others may not, so make sure you check the application requirements for what you need to submit.
- Applications for PhD projects are usually made through the University of Edinburgh’s degree tracker. however, there may be some exceptions. If in doubt, ask the project contact person.
Also check: University of Southern Denmark PhD Scholarship in Public Administration/Public Administration
How to apply: As part of the application process, applicants are required to obtain permission in the Ph.D program at the Edinburgh School of Informatics. Candidates can then proceed to Apply through the University’s admissions portal (EUCLID).
Application Deadline: Ongoing