Applications are now open for the UNU-IAS United Nations University Master of Science in Sustainability Scholarship Program 2023. The MSc in Sustainability scholarship awards are available to postgraduate students seeking admission to the University as a new recruit.
The awarding of the scholarships is based on the results of the selection of applications. Only applicants accepted for enrollment in the UNU-IAS Master of Science in Sustainability program can be considered as candidates for the scholarships.
Scholarship Sponsors: UNU-IAS, Japan
Scholarship Type: Academic Award
Host institutions: UNU-IAS, Japan
Scholarship Worth: Monthly allowance (120,000 – 140,000) JPY
Number of awards: Enough
Level of education: masters
Nationality: International Students
Also Check: Canada Western University Scholarships 2023/2024 for International Students
United Nations University Sustainability Scholarship | Details
The United Nations University Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability UNU awards several scholarships through:
- Japan Foundation for UNU (JFUNU): The JFUNU Scholarship provides a monthly stipend of JPY 120,000 for living expenses for a maximum of 24 months. Tuition is completely waived for fellows.
- UN Rector’s Scholarship: The UNU Chancellor’s Scholarship provides a monthly stipend of JPY 130,000 (subject to change) for living expenses for a maximum of 24 months. Travel expenses to and from Japan will be covered by the scholarship. Tuition is covered by the donor for the fellows.
- Resona Bank Scholarship: The Resona Bank Scholarship provides a monthly stipend of JPY 130,000 (subject to change) for living expenses for a maximum of 24 months. Travel expenses to and from Japan will be covered by the scholarship (up to JPY 260,000). Tuition is covered by the donor for the fellows.
- Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP): The scholarship will cover full tuition fees, accommodation allowance including housing allowance, medical and accident insurance, books and instrument allowance. The monthly living allowance including housing allowance for one person for the 2020 academic year is JPY 147,000 (subject to change for the 2021 academic year). An economy class air ticket for the most direct route between the scholar’s home country and Tokyo Narita International Airport will also be provided.
To be eligible for the United Nations University Sustainability Scholarship, applicants are expected to meet the following condition:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with superior academic record
- Applicants must be individuals from developing countries who can demonstrate a need for financial assistance
- Applicants currently living in Japan on a work visa are NOT eligible for the scholarship
- Applicants who want to pursue a second master’s degree at UNU-IAS are not eligible for the scholarship
- He is not the recipient of any other concurrent scholarships
- Candidates who have shown an interest in the wider work of the United Nations
- At least two years of full-time professional work experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application.
- Oral and written communication skills in English sufficient to enable you to continue your studies.
- Not over 35 years of age at the time of application.
- In good health.
- Must agree to return to his/her country of origin upon completion of studies under the Program.
Also apply: AfOx: Oxford-Reuben Graduate Scholarships 2022/2023 for Africans [Fully Funded]
How to apply: Application for the United Nations University MSc Sustainability Scholarships is made as part of the online application for admission. There is no separate application form for the scholarships
Interested applicants must provide the necessary information and documents for the scholarship along with the required documents for admission to the graduate program.
Application deadline: Not set