Canada it is a country with one of the largest economies in the world. No wonder it has become a haven for foreigners hoping for a greener pasture. Of the country employment rate is very high, allowing many foreigners to fulfill their dreams of finding well-paid and stable jobs such as visa sponsored jobs.
It’s almost a fact that the easiest way to move to Canada is to get a job, and of course it also increases your chances of getting permanent residence. This article looks at some of the commonly available jobs that you can apply for and also have a chance at a sponsored visa to move to Canada. You will also learn how to apply to these jobs. the various eligibility criteria and requirements for obtaining such jobs in Canada.
Visa sponsorship for jobs in Canada
Sponsored by Visa is an arrangement where a person or entity (a sponsor) takes responsibility for you and your actions during your stay in a country to which you are an immigrant. For immigrating to Canada, visa sponsorship is not unlikely. A permanent resident of Canada should take responsibility for a foreigner who wants to enter the country. Sometimes, the permanent resident will have to cover all the expenses of the sponsoring alien or immigrant.
Visa sponsorship can be done by family members, friends, spouses and, in this case, employers. Employers will need to obtain a labor market impact assessment to bring any employees or potential workers to Canada. The next part of this write-up will give a brief explanation of what it is all about.
Also check: Visa Express Entry Canada: Application for Foreigners
What is a labor market impact assessment?
The Labor Market Impact Assessment is a document required of every employer in Canada to hire a foreign worker. With such a document, the employer will verify that there is no Canadian worker available for the job and that there is a need for a foreign worker. Every employer in Canada should apply for one before hiring a foreign worker.
Benefits of getting a job in Canada with a Visa Sponsorship
As mentioned earlier, obtaining a work visa makes it easier for anyone to obtain permanent residence in Canada. As a worker in Canada, you will have the following benefits:
- Possibility of obtaining a permanent residence permit.
- Profit from the Canadian minimum wage which is very encouraging.
- New mothers will have maternity leave.
- The opportunity to gain more education and experience in their professions.
- You will be given opportunities to study alongside your work (in most cases).
- You will receive health cover from your employer.
- Visa sponsoring companies provide disability insurance.
- Most companies in Canada offer pension plans.
These and more are some of the benefits you can get if you are successful with a visa sponsorship job in Canada.
Eligibility criteria for obtaining a work sponsored visa in Canada
Although there are so many unskilled jobs available for visa sponsored foreigners. So many companies in Canada will want the following qualifications.
- computer knowledge
- depending on the type of work.
- Excellent knowledge of French and English
- Good experience in the relevant field of work
- High school diploma or degree.
- Most employers prefer people between 21 and 40 years old.
- A valid means of identification. This can be a passport or valid ID
- No records of criminal activity.
- No medical illnesses
- mental stability
There are also requirements that may be specific to the job, but are not listed among the above.
How to apply for sponsorship jobs in Canada
As difficult as it sounds, you don’t need a long and rigorous process to find a job in Canada with a Visa sponsor. What really matters most is your relevant work experience and qualifications for the job. Follow the steps below to secure a job in Canada with Visa Sponsorship.
- First, you need to prepare a well-structured resume according to what Canadian employers will accept.
- Second, take the step to search for available online jobs that offer visa sponsorship.
- Take advantage of platforms like LinkedIn. Create a very good and professional profile that shows your qualifications, location, work experience and the type of jobs you might be interested in.
- An important tip is to apply directly on the website and apply to several companies* (we will update this page with examples of portals where such jobs can be found).
NOTE: When applying for visa sponsorship jobs online, you need to be very careful to avoid fraud.
Types of Jobs You Can Find in Canada with a Visa Sponsorship.
Here are some types of jobs you can find in Canada sponsored by Visa. Here we have listed both skilled and unskilled jobs in Canada with visa sponsorship.
- welding operations
- agricultural work
- software development
- Chef Jobs
- jobs that provide care
- Restaurant jobs
- Data Engineering
- Store management jobs
- Jobs in Data Analysis
- Cloud Development
- resource management
- Engineer for Field Services
- Account management
- Shop assistant jobs
- Supply chain management
- cleaning work
- roofing work
- Driving jobs
- relocation engineering
The list is endless, you can choose to apply for any of them jobs on verified platforms as long as you are certified. It’s also good to re-emphasize that you don’t necessarily need a job to be allowed into Canada, with a job offer, however, you have a better chance of not only moving to Canada, but also gaining permanent residency in Canada.