Studying at USA it will be a very great experience and it is the dream of every foreign student. The reason is not far-fetched. you will definitely get a degree respected around the world, in addition to enjoying the state-of-the-art study facilities and humorous cultures and people. However, the main drawback for so many international students is usually the lack of funding.
In this article we have compiled a list of the top 10 Universities in the United States that offer fully funded admission. Surprisingly, it is also possible to apply to these schools and their scholarship programs without the usual IELTS/TOEFL requirements.
What you need to know about studying in the United States
- Tuition fees for international students range from as little as $5,000 to $50,000 per year.
- cost of living in the US it is comparatively fair with standard values such as: internet/telephone ($35 – 60) food ($17 – 42) rent ($104 – 208) Electricity/gas ($50 – 100) and transport (about $36) on average.
- There are over one million scholarships awarded annually to international students studying in the United States, amounting to billions of dollars in scholarship money. According statisticsthe US Department of Education awards only an estimated 46 billion dollars in scholarship money annually.
- American Universities/Government Award fully funded scholarships for reasons such as promoting diplomatic ties with the student’s home countries or attracting the best minds to the States.
- Students of any nationality can receive fully funded scholarships to study in the United States.
- The United States is particularly welcoming and supportive of international students. Diverse cultures and vibrant campuses give a taste of the experience any international student will want to have.
Having said that, let’s go on to look at the many popular schools where you can apply and be offered a fully funded admission, even without the dreaded English Language requirement. Note: To get a waiver for IELTS, you will always be asked to provide some evidence of language proficiency. Check out our how-to post Apply for these United States scholarships without IELTS and also refer to Top US Universities to Apply Without IELTS.
List of top universities in the United States that offer Fully Funded Admission
Most of these schools have special scholarship programs that are awarded at the point of admission and can cover the full cost of the student’s program throughout the course of study, as long as the student meets certain eligibility requirements.
#1. University of Chicago
The University of Chicago shows its willingness to help prospective students who have leadership qualities with fully funded scholarships. There is no specific field of study for this scholarship. The scholarship awards offered by this University provide its recipients with tuition, accommodation and $10,000 in expenses. [Useful Link]
#two. Yale University
Yale is another great University in the United States that offers Fully Funded admission opportunities to international students from various countries. Yale offers scholarships worth more than $50,000 to recipients in financial aid. [Useful Link]
#3. Duke University
Duke University offers the Robertson Scholars Leadership Program with the primary goal of investing in leaders who will make a significant contribution to social transformation. Recipients of this scholarship will receive their full tuition, room and board fees. [this link].
#4. Barry University
At Barry University, international students are offered funds for four years to support their academics. When you gain admission to this University under this programme, you will be given the full cost of tuition, accommodation, transport, books, etc. and the amount of $6000. [Useful Link]
#5. Amherst College
Amherst College assists international students who are eligible for admission but do not have sufficient finances to pay for tuition and other expenses. The applicant’s financial need is assessed immediately the student is accepted to study at Amherst College and financial aid equal to 100% of the student’s need will be offered. [Useful Link].
#6. California Institute of Technology
The California Institute of Technology also offers funding and admission to students who demonstrate leadership qualities. This fully funded entry will include the following benefits:
- Four years of tuition
- Payment for room and board of recipients
- Scholarship added.
#7. Clark University
The Global Scholars initiative is a program hosted and sponsored by Clark University in the United States. This funding opportunity is given to students who have demonstrated some outstanding leadership qualities. It is a fully funded admissions program covering all undergraduate education costs for international students who wish to pursue undergraduate courses at Clark University. [Useful Link].
#8. Harvard University
Harvard University is another institution that supports both undergraduate and graduate students with fully funded opportunities to study at the University. There is a wide range of scholarships in this University which cover various expenses like tuition fees, travel expenses, accommodation. [Useful Link]
#9. Boise State university
Boise State University offers many fully funded admission opportunities to both international and local United States of America students. The current award amount given by these Universities varies based on different criteria like available funds, eligibility of the applicant etc. [Useful Link]
#10. East Tennessee State University
East Tennessee University offers fully funded opportunities to international students based on merit. It offers opportunities to both juniors and postgraduates. The grant given by this institution covers tuition fees and maintenance costs. [Useful Link].
Also Check: Top 10 Canadian Universities That Offer Fully Funded Admission [without IELTS]
Study benefits with fully funded entry into the USA
Most of the institutions that offer fully funded admission opportunities or fully funded scholarships in the United States offer the following benefits.
- Tuition fees paid in full
- Health insurance for its recipients
- Visa cost
- living expenses
- Textbooks are paid for in full
- A brand new computer
- Free return air tickets.
These are the main benefits contained in the fully funded admission offered by some Universities in the United States.
How to Get Fully Funded Admission to the United States
Generally, getting fully funded aid to study in the United States may not be easy. But with the right approach it can be as easy as nothing. We recommend that you apply these tips in your quest for fully funded admission to the United States.
- Be on the lookout for scholarships sponsored by the US government
- Request support from your home country and arrange for bilateral agreements between US institutions and companies or your home government.
- Apply for the many scholarships and financial aid offered by the US university of your choice.
- Be on the lookout for funding programs supported by international organizations and charities such as United National, World Health Organization, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Soros Foundation, etc.
If you’ve read this far, then you’re probably the next in line to get fully funded admission to a US university. Start the application now.