Applications are submitted by qualified candidates for the Tomorrow Leaders Graduate Student Program (TLG) at the American University in Cairo, Egypt with the aim of equipping deserving students with the professional qualifications and experience needed to advance knowledge and contribute to the development of society.
The Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate (TLG) program is a joint effort between the US Department of State, the Office of Near Eastern Affairs (NEA/AC), and the American University in Cairo (AUC). The program offers students a fully funded opportunity to pursue higher education and obtain a master’s degree.
Scholarship Sponsors: US Department of State, Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs, and AUC
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
Host institutions: The American University in Cairo
Scholarship Worth: It is not specified
Number of awards: Enough
Level of education: Master
Nationality: International Students
See also: Tulane University Sub-Saharan Africa Leadership Scholarship Award 2023
Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Student Program 2023 | Eligibility criteria
To be considered for the Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Student Program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Students eligible to join should be nationals/citizens of Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Libya, Tunisia, Yemen, Syria, Bahrain, West Bank and of Gaza.
- You meet the AUC graduate admissions requirements
- Strong academic potential with a bachelor’s degree with a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent
- Knowledge of written and spoken English
- Possession maturity, flexibility, and leadership potential are demonstrated through a combination of extracurricular activities, recommendations, and interviews.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- They must commit to continuing their master’s thesis research in one of the eligible research projects.
- Full tuition for the winter and spring semesters
- medical insurance
- the monthly allowance
- Student Housing
- Internship/internship opportunity including local transportation costs if needed.
- Opportunity to attend a conference to present research findings, applied and awarded competitively, in accordance with the guidelines for Postgraduate Student Support Grants.
- Two annual round-trip economy airfares from home to campus. or housing and living allowance to continue approved program activities on campus during breaks for students unable to return home due to circumstances beyond their control.
Application deadline: The TLG application deadline is December 5, 2022 and the AUC graduate admissions deadline is December 15, 2022.