Applications are now being accepted for the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program 2023-2024 (TJSP) which aims to provide opportunities for full-time, undergraduate, university/institute students from Tunisia to spend a non-degree academic year at a US university or college.
Through academic opportunities, professional engagement and leadership, the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program (TJSP) promotes economic growth, stability and democratic development in Tunisia by equipping young people with essential skills.
Scholarship Sponsors: United States Department of State
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
Host institutions: Institutions in the United States
Scholarship Worth: It is not specified
Number of awards: enough
Level of education: All levels of study
See also: United World Scholarships to Study in the United States 2022
Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program (TJSP) 2023-2024 | Eligibility criteria
To be considered for the 2023-2024 Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program (TJSP), applicants should note that the program is merit-based and open to anyone:
- is a Tunisian citizen;
- currently residing in Tunisia.
- is enrolled as a full-time, undergraduate, university/foundation student in good academic standing at the time of application at a registered academic institution in Tunisia;
- NOT in the final year of their undergraduate program at the time of application Engineering students are eligible in their first or second year (preparatory classes) and in their third and fourth year of undergraduate studies.
- is able to obtain a US J-1 visa. is at least 18 years old by 1 July 2023;
- undertakes to return to Tunisia after completion of the programme;
- is able to achieve a TOEFL score of at least 500; and
- completes the academic year prior to study in the United States in good standing with a passing average (aka moyenne générale).
How to apply: Interested applicants for the 2023-2024 Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program (TJSP) must complete their applications online. Applicants must complete all required sections of the application and provide contact information for two references. Reference 1 and Reference 2 must be completed by two different individuals who can speak to your suitability as a potential scholarship recipient.
Application deadline: November 30, 2022 at 5 p.m. Tunis time.