The University of Winnipeg Entrance Awards it will automatically be offered to a new one international students admission to study at the University of Winnipeg in the 2022-23 academic year after graduating from a high school outside of Canada.
Some awards will be applied automatically based on your admission average, others will require an application. International Students who have successfully obtained a required entry application, awardees must register for the courses in the session for which the award was offered.
Scholarship Sponsors: University of Winnipeg, Canada
Scholarship Type: Partially Funded Scholarships
Host institutions: University of Winnipeg, Canada
Scholarship Worth: Various
Number of awards: Enough
Level of education: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
Also Apply: Kyoto University Japan Scholarships for International Students 2022-2023
The University of Winnipeg Entrance Awards | Eligibility criteria
Some awards will be applied automatically based on your admission average, others will require an application. To be eligible for awards, applicants are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have a minimum grade point average of 85% in Grade 12 High School subjects used for general admission.
- They have not previously attended any postsecondary institution other than high school/postsecondary dual credit courses.
- Students admitted with letters of permission or with postsecondary transfer credits from other postsecondary institutions will not be eligible.
- Apply for admission to UWinnipeg no more than 6 months after high school graduation.
- Submit a completed application for admission, including all application fees and all supporting documents, no later than the eligibility deadline for the desired first term of study.
- They have not been selected for other entrance awards at UWinnipeg. New international students with multiple UWinnipeg award offers will receive an entry award, which is of the highest value ever.
- Once selected to receive an International Special Entrance Scholarship, students must register for the following minimum number of credit hours according to their first term of study:
- Beginning Fall Term: Enroll in at least 9 credit hours in both Fall and Winter terms within the first academic year.
- Beginning Winter Term: Register for at least 9 credit hours in the fall semester and either at least 6 credit hours over 6-8 weeks during the following spring semester. or at least 9 credit hours in the following fall term.
- Beginning Spring Term: Enroll for at least 6 credit hours spanning 6-8 weeks in the following spring semester. or at least 9 credit hours in the following fall term.
How to apply: Interested candidates are only required to fill an admission application within the specified deadline. They are then automatically assessed for scholarships. In some cases, no additional steps are required.
Application deadline: 01 February 2023