The Thailand International Cooperation Agency (TICA) offers postgraduate scholarships for developing countries around the world through Annual International Training Course (AITC) and Thailand International Postgraduate Programme (TIPP).
Application Deadline: 15th March 2021
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Thailand
About the Award: Thailand International Postgraduate Programme (TIPP) was introduced in 2000 as a framework in providing postgraduate scholarships for developing partners. Believing that knowledge sharing is an important pillar of South-South Cooperation, TIPP offers opportunities for Thailand and its partners to exchange their experiences and best practices that would contribute to long-term and sustainable development for all. Aiming at sharing Thailand’s best practices and experience to the world, the AITC training courses and the TIPP scholarships focus on development topics of our expertise which can be categorized under five themes namely; Food Security, Climate Change, Public Health, other topics related to Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and “Sufficiency Economy Philosophy” or SEP which Thailand is proud to introduce as the highlighted theme. SEP has been added to offer an insight into our home-grown development approach, which is the key factor that keeps Thailand on a steady growth path towards sustainable development in many areas.
Fields of Study: Food Security, Climate Change, Public Health, other topics related to Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and “Sufficiency Economy Philosophy” or SEP
Type: Training, Postgraduate (Masters, PhD)
- Central government agencies must nominate candidates in a country from the TIPP eligible countries/territories list.
- Candidates should be an officer or agent (preferably from government agencies) currently working in the area related to the course provided.
- Candidates must have bachelor degree and/or professional experience related field or related to graduate degree.
- Candidates must have a good command of English.
- It is recommended that candidates be less than 50 years of age.
- Candidates must have good physical and mental condition.
- TICA reserves the right to revoke scholarship offered to participants who are pregnant during the period of study or violate rules and regulations.
- Other requirements apart from these will be under consideration by the University regulations.
English Language Requirements: Candidates must have a good command of English. Candidates whose English is not the first language/Bachelor’s degree was not taught in English/ who is from a country other than New Zealand, USA, the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada has to pass an English Language proficiency test according to criteria announced by University regulations.
- In considering applications, particular attention shall be paid to the candidates’ background, their current position in the service of their Government, and practical use they expect to make of the knowledge and experience gained from training on the return to their Government positions.
- Selection of participants is also based on geographical distribution and gender balance, unless priority is set for particular country/ group of countries.
Number of Awards: Over 70 postgraduate scholarships. Each eligible countries/territory can nominate up to five (5) candidates per academic program.
Value of Award: Successful candidates will be offered an award that covers:
- Return economy class airfare
- Accommodation allowance
- Living allowance
- Book allowance
- Thesis allowance
- Settlement allowance
- Airport meeting service
How to Apply: The candidates must fill in the online application form
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.