Applications are invited from suitably qualified students from low- or middle-income countries for the TDR Postgraduate Scholarship 2023 will be hosted at the Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, School of Public Health at the University of Ghana.
The Fully Funded Scholarship is from TDR, the UNICEF/UNDP/World Bank/WHO Special Program for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases.
Scholarship Sponsors: University of Ghana, UNICEF, WHO, UNDP, World Bank
Scholarship Type: Full Financing
Host institutions: University of Ghana
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits
Number of awards: Enough
Level of education: Master’s Degree (MSc)
Nationality: Low or middle income countries
See also: Pan African University Postgraduate Scholarship Awards 2022/2023
TDR Postgraduate Scholarship 2023 | DETAILS
The scholarships will be offered for the academic term 2022-2023, for a one-year Program in Public Health, leading to an MPH or MSc degree. in Applied Health Social Science. The programs are taught in English.
- Master of Public Health led by the Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences) (12 months full-time)
- MSc. Applied Social Health Science (12 months full-time) run by the Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences
Recipients will be enrolled as graduate students and their careers will be tracked through TDR Global which tracks the impact of the program and provides networking and opportunities to increase visibility for students and alumni. The program provides on-campus instruction, however, depending on regulations related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the course may be delivered through an online platform
To be considered for the TDR Postgraduate Scholarship 2023, interested applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be residents and nationals of a low- or middle-income country (as defined by the World Bank) in the WHO African region.
- be under 35 years of age at the time of application;
- meet the standard University of Ghana admission requirements for international or local postgraduate students.
- be interested in developing a career in the field of applied research on the infectious diseases of poverty;
- be good at English;
- provide evidence of ability to take study leave from employment (if applicable) prior to starting the program; and
- consent to meet health requirements as per Government of Ghana and University of Ghana regulations.
How to apply: Interested applicants for the TDR Postgraduate Scholarship 2023 must follow the steps mentioned (below) to apply:
- Step one (1): Click the link and read more about the application requirements processes, then click “APPLY NOW” when you’re ready to start the process. https://admission.ug.edu.gh/applying/postgraduate/how-apply-graduate-programs
- Step Two (2): Select the appropriate option (either “APPLICATION GHANA” the “INTERNATIONAL APPLICATION”, create an account, log in and start the application process. Make sure to choose either Master of Public Health or MSc. Applied Social Science of Health.
- Step Three (3): Once the first two steps are complete, click on the link (https://apply.ug.edu.gh/admissions/tdr). Create an account and apply for the TDR Postgraduate Scholarship in Applied Research (academic year 2022). Be sure to choose either Master of Public Health (Social and Behavioral Science) or Msc. Applied Social Science of Health. Complete all fields and upload required documents before submitting.
Application deadline: 9u September 2022