Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2022-2023: Every year applications are invited to promote the Swiss Government Scholarships International exchange and research cooperation between Switzerland and more than 180 other countries.
Recipients are selected by the awarding agency, the Federal Commission for Scholarships for foreign students (FCS). The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships are for young researchers from abroad who have completed a master’s degree the PhD and to foreign artists with a degree.
Scholarship Sponsors: Swiss Government
Host institutions: All Swiss Public Universities
Scholarship level: Masters & PhD degree
Scholarship Worth: Fully funded (covers the full cost of the study and related expenses)
Subject Eligibility: Any research or art topics
Nationality: international students
See also: Czech Republic Government Scholarship 2022/2023 for Developing Countries
Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2022-2023 | DETAILS
The following types of scholarships will be awarded either to artists for foreign scholars and respectively:
- The research grant is available to postgraduate researchers of any discipline (holding at least a master’s degree) who plan to come to Switzerland to pursue research or further studies at doctoral or postdoctoral level.
Research grants are awarded for research or study at all Swiss cantonal universities, the universities of applied sciences and the two federal institutes of technology, as well as the four research institutes. Only applicants nominated by an academic mentor at one of these higher education institutions will be considered.
- art scholarships are open to art students who wish to undertake an initial master’s degree in Switzerland. Art scholarships are awarded to study at any Swiss conservatory or university of the arts. This scholarship is only available to students from a limited number of countries.
Applicants are expected to meet the following eligibility criteria for the Swiss Government Scholarships 2022.
- Applicants must be international students
- Applicants must be accepted into a master’s or doctoral program.
- Hold a conditional/unconditional offer for a PhD programme.
- Applicants must hold (or be about to obtain) an undergraduate degree (or international equivalent) from a reputable institution.
- Ideally, you hold a Masters level degree with merit or distinction (or international equivalent).
- Must have a history of research engagement. This may include contributions to publications/articles, promotion of their research to a wider audience, awards for research work or work.
FCS evaluates scholarship applications according to three criteria:
- candidate profile
- Quality of research work or artistic work
- Synergies and possibilities for future research collaboration
The benefits of the fully funded scholarships of the Swiss Government Scholarships for Foreign Scholars and Artists will cover:
- fully funded scholarship
- All university fees at an international price. health insurance, air tickets, housing allowance etc.
See also: Chevening Scholarships 2022/2023 for International Students to Study in UK
How to apply: All interested and eligible candidates seeking the Swiss Government Scholarships are expected to apply and be given an unconditional offer of admission for full-time Masters or PhD studies in any Swiss public university, then they can proceed to the official website to apply scholarship application.
Application deadline: It is not specified