The Swansea University Sanctuary Scholarship is dedicated to providing equal opportunities in higher education to asylum seekers in the UK and helping them to fulfill their full potential and dreams.
The Swansea Sanctuary University Scholarship is awarded to students studying on a postgraduate master’s program each academic year.
The scholarship covers the full scholarship of the student’s tuition fees, the cost of fees for postgraduate taught courses and other related expenses.
About the University
Swansea University is a public research university located in Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom. It was chartered as the University College of Swansea in 1920 as the fourth college of the University of Wales.
The university changed its name in 1996 to University of Wales Swansea following structural changes at the University of Wales. However, the title of Swansea University was officially taken on 1 September 2007 when the University of Wales became a confederated institution without members and the former members became universities in their own right.
Swansea University has 8 colleges spread across its two campuses located on the coastline of Swansea Bay. Singleton Park Campus is situated in the setting of Singleton Park to the west of Swansea city centre.
In addition, the £450 million Bay Campus, which opened in September 2015, is located next to Jersey Marine Beach, to the east of Swansea city center in the Neath Port Talbot area.
Swansea University is the third largest university in Wales in terms of student numbers. The university currently offers approximately 330 undergraduate and 120 graduate degrees to 20,375 undergraduate and graduate students.
The university is a university with 61 research centers. The Research Excellence Framework (2014) ranked Swansea University 26th in the UK for research excellence.
Swansea University looked at the work of nearly 400 staff across 18 subject areas. A third of the research is now ranked as world leading, 90% as internationally excellent across all disciplines.
The university was rated 22nd in the UK for delivering research that has a real impact on global issues. In addition, for every £1m of funding awarded to the research grant by the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales, Swansea University receives another £2.5m from other bodies.
Swansea University has been awarded the Athena SWAN Bronze Award for promoting women’s careers in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine.
The university’s Computational Fluid Dynamics and Aerodynamic Design academics are part of the Bloodhound Supersonic Car world land speed record attempt set to take place in Hakskeenpan, South Africa in October 2016.
In addition, Swansea University was also a key partner in the successful Thrust SSC and speed record attempt, which currently holds the world land speed record.
- The Swansea University Sanctuary Scholarship covers a full tuition fee bursary, to cover the cost of postgraduate taught postgraduate course fees.
- Additional funds will be made available to help meet course-related costs such as accommodation costs to and from Swansea University, digital equipment and books.
Swansea Sanctuary University Scholarship Requirements
To be eligible for the Swansea University Sanctuary Scholarship, each applicant must meet all of the following criteria to be considered eligible to apply for the scholarship. You are one of the following:
- you are Person seeking asylum in the UK
- You have been granted a discretionary residence permit or Humanitarian Protection
- You are the partner/dependent listed on an asylum seeker’s application in the UK
- In addition, other conditions not mentioned here (see official website)
How to Apply for Swansea Sanctuary University Scholarship
To apply for the Swansea University Sanctuary Scholarship, you must hold a conditional or unconditional offer to study at Swansea University on a qualified postgraduate course.
Know the future provides a free online course to help asylum seekers with the process of applying to a UK university. Every applicant must apply before the application deadline 4 p.m. Thursday, June 30, 2022. Please read it Swansea Sanctuary Scholarship 2022 Application Guidance Notes before completing your application.
To apply, please complete and submit the following to [email protected]:
- Swansea Sanctuary University Scholarship Application Form 2022
- The personal statement
- Copy of Swansea University offer letter
- A letter of recommendation from a person of good quality who knows your circumstances and can confirm your suitability to study a postgraduate degree (for example a teacher or former teacher, member of a community group or organization that has supported you, etc.).
- Proof of current immigration status/pending status*
For more details, please visit Swansea University website.
The scholarship application deadline is June 30, 2022
Not interested in this scholarship? I see other UK scholarships here