Swansea University’s School of Science and Engineering is partnering with the Engineering and Natural Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) to award Fully Funded PhD Research Scholarship to eligible candidates who wish to enroll in the program at the University.
Swansea University offers a number of awards for aspiring students PhDMPhil, MRes or Mr’s from Research studies. The goal of this project is to advance our understanding of fundamental computational problems concerning the long-term behavior of linear dynamical systems.
Scholarship sponsors: Swansea University, UK & EPSRC
Host institutions: Swansea University, UK
Scholarship value: fully funded
Number of awards: enough
Level of education: PhD
Nationality: All Nationalities
Also apply: CSIRO Research University of Adelaide Supplementary Scholarship 2022
DETAILS | Swansea University EPSRC PhD Research Scholarship
This scholarship is open to applicants of any nationality. The project is suitable for students with a background in (theoretical) computer science or mathematics. The student will use a synthesis of numerical and symbolic methods, combining tools from computability, computational complexity, analysis (differential equations, analytic number theory), topology and algebra (real algebraic geometry, quantifier elimination).
Prior knowledge or experience in one or more of these areas is desirable, but not absolutely necessary. Furthermore, accessibility problems with respect to rational data become ill-defined or provably “difficult” already for apparently very simple systems.
I am suitable for Swansea University EPSRC PhD Research Scholarshipapplicants are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Applicants can come from any nationality
- If you hold a degree from outside the UK, see Swansea University degree comparisons to find out if you meet eligibility.
- Applicants must have English language requirements, where applicable – IELTS 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 6.0 in each individual component) or a recognized Swansea equivalent. You can find details of Swansea University’s English language admissions policy here
- Applicants should normally hold an undergraduate degree at level 2.1 in Computer Science, Mathematics or a closely related discipline or an appropriate postgraduate degree with a minimum overall grade of ‘Merit’ (or non-UK equivalent as defined by Swansea University ).
You may also like: University of Queensland Postgraduate Research Scholarship 2022-23
How to apply: To apply, please complete your application online with the following information:
- Course choice – select Computer Science / PhD / Full-time / 3 Year / October
In case you have already applied for the above program, the application system may issue a warning notice and prevent the application. In this case please email [email protected] where staff will be happy to assist you with your application.
- Start year – select 2022
- Funding (page 8) –
- “Are you financing your studies yourself?” – select No
- “Name of person or organization providing funds for study” – enter “RS122 – PhD Comp Sci”
It is the applicant’s responsibility to accurately list the above information when submitting the application, please note that applications received without the above information listed will not be considered for the award of the scholarship.
One application is required for each individual Swansea University-led research fellowship award. Applications cannot be considered to include multiple Swansea University Research Fellowship awards.
As part of your online application, you MUST upload the following documents (please do not email):
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Tracking Form. (online form)
- Degree certificates and transcripts (if you are currently studying for a degree, screenshots of your grades to date are sufficient)
- A cover letter including a ‘Supplementary Personal Statement’ to explain why the position is a good match for your skills and experience and how you choose to develop the project.
- Two references (academic or previous employer) on or using letterhead paper Swansea University Reference Form. Please note that we are unable to accept reports received under private email accounts, e.g. Hotmail. Referees should provide their work email address for reference verification.
- Evidence of meeting the English Language requirement (if applicable).
- Copy of UK residence visa (if applicable)
Informal inquiries are welcome, please contact Dr Eike Neumann ([email protected]).
Application deadline: 29 July 2022