The University of Oxford, UK offers Reach Oxford Scholarships in full financial opportunities for Undergraduate students from Developing Countries to study for Bachelors degree in any course offered at the institution 2023/2024.
- Application to the University of Oxford for an undergraduate course through UCAS must be made by 15th October 2022
- Applications for 2023 entry will open in January 2023.
- Applications must be submitted by 12 noon (UK time) on 8th February 2023
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Low-Income countries (See list below)
To be taken at (country): University of Oxford UK
Eligible Fields of Study: All subjects offered at the University of Oxford except Medicine
About Reach Oxford Scholarships: Several Oxford colleges offer Reach Oxford scholarships (formerly Oxford Student Scholarships) to students from low-income countries who, for political or financial reasons, or because standard educational facilities do not exist, cannot study for a degree in their own countries. Scholarship winners will study at University of Oxford, UK under any undergraduate course of study, except Medicine due to the course length and expense.
Eligibility: Students from developing countries who have applied to study for undergraduate courses at University of Oxford. See list below.
Selection Criteria: The Reach Oxford scholarships scheme is only suitable for candidates of the highest academic ability who have outstanding examination results. However, financial need and social commitment are also major criteria for selection. Applicants should be intending to return to their country of ordinary residence following their studies.
Number of Awardees: Around 2-3 per year
Value of Reach Oxford Scholarships: Tuition fees and college fees, a grant for living expenses and one return airfare per year
Duration of Award: 3-4 years, depending on course length
Eligible African Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Côte D’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Other Countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Antigua and Barbuda, Armenia, Argentina, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Cambodia, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Fiji, Georgia, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, , Kiribati, Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, FYR Macedonia, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niue, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Palestinian Administered Areas, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Serbia, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, St Kitts-Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent & Grenadines, Suriname, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Viet Nam, Yemen,
How to Apply for Reach Oxford Scholarships:
1) You must apply to the University of Oxford for an undergraduate course through UCAS by 15 October 2022, and successfully gain a place.
2) If you have been offered a place at the University of Oxford for an undergraduate course for 2023 entry, you should read the Guidance notes (please see ‘Related documents’ on this page) and complete the Undergraduate scholarships application form online (please see ‘Related websites’ on this page) by 12 noon (UK time) on 8 February 2023.
3) For 2023 entry applicants who apply by the 8 February 2023 scholarship deadline, the selection process will be undertaken in March 2023.
4) Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application in April 2023.
Important Notes: Please note that applications cannot be considered from candidates who have not been offered a place at Oxford.