Queen Mary University of London invites applications for a full PhD scholarship for international students to undertake research in the field of Resource Management for Edge/Serverless Computing.
All nationalities are eligible to apply for this scholarship. The offer is a 3-year fully-funded PhD supported by Queen Mary University of London, including student fees and a tax-free stipend starting at £17,609 per annum. As well as studying, we also welcome applications from self-funded students with a relevant background.
Scholarship Sponsors: Queen Mary University of London, UK
Host institutions: Queen Mary University of London, UK
Scholarship Worth: £17,609 per annum
Number of awards: Enough
Level of education: PhD
Nationality: International Students
See also: Scholarships and financial aid at the Far Eastern Federal University in Russia
DETAILS | PhD PhD at Queen Mary University of London
This studentship will explore the intersection of Edge/Serverless and ML/AI for modern IoT applications. The scope of the project is quite broad. Candidates are encouraged to suggest their own interest and refine the research direction accordingly.
The PhD will be supervised by Dr Sukhpal Singh Gill and will be based on Networks Research Groupan interdisciplinary team with a strong journalistic record and a high international profile, which is part of it School of Electronic Engineering and Computer ScienceQueen Mary University of London, UK.
To be eligible for a PhD at Queen Mary University of London, candidates are expected to meet the following requirements:
- All applicants must have a first-class degree or equivalent, or an MSc, in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering (or a related discipline).
- Candidates should have a good command of the English language and the ability to express themselves clearly both in written and spoken form.
- The successful candidate must be strongly motivated to undertake doctoral studies, as well as have demonstrated the ability to work independently and perform critical analysis. A track record of research publication in international conferences and/or journals, as well as a strong track record of working in international groups is highly desirable.
Key selection criteria will include:
- Experience in Cloud, Edge, Serverless computing.
- Good coding skills in Python, Matlab and/or Java.
- Good knowledge of data science methods.
- Understanding Machine Learning and IoT.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
Desirable selection criteria will include:
- Experience and knowledge of machine learning techniques.
- Experience in action and activity recognition.
You may also like: Chinese Government Scholarship Program 2023-2024 (Fully Funded)
How to apply: To apply, follow the online instructions specified by the college’s website for research degrees: http://www.eecs.qmul.ac.uk/phd/how-to-apply/. Steps 2 onwards apply in this case. Please note that we request a ‘Statement of Research Interests’. Your statement (no more than 500 words) should answer two questions:
(i) Why are you interested in the topic described above?
(ii) What relevant experience do you have?
In addition to this, we would also like you to submit a sample of your written work. This can be a chapter of your final year or master’s thesis, or a published paper in a conference or journal.
To submit your application online you should visit the following website: https://www.qmul.ac.uk/postgraduate/research/subjects/computer-science.html. Scroll down the page and click on ‘Full-time PhD in Computer Science – Semester 2 (Starting January)’. The successful PhD candidate will be a member of the Networks Research team. You should mention this in your application.
Application deadline: Not stated