Applications are currently invited from eligible and outstanding candidates for Quebec Government Science Policy Program Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students. This will support the internationalization of research activities in Quebec higher education institutions.
The Fonds de recherche du Québec – Nature et technology (FRQNT) is responsible for managing the program. Commissioned by the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur du Québec (MEES) which provides the funding.
Scholarship Sponsors: Government of Quebec, Canada
Host institutions: University of Quebec, Canada
Scholarship Worth: Funded
Number of awards: enough
Level of education: Masters, Masters, PhD & Post-PhD
Nationality: International Students
See also: INTI International University and Colleges International Education Scholarship 2022
DETAILS | Quebec Merit Scholarship for International Students
The program has a component open to students of all countries and five specific components intended for students from Brazil, China, India, Israel and Wallonia. These specific elements result from agreements concluded between Quebec and foreign governments.
This program covers higher education as a whole by providing CCTT researchers and administrators with the opportunity to participate.
- Attract top foreign researchers and students and promote the international recognition of Quebec universities and Technology Transfer Centers (CCTT).
- Create cultural ties and pave the way for joint scientific research projects.
To be eligible for a Quebec Merit Scholarship for international students, applicants are expected to meet the following requirements:
- This competition is open to all applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who have not applied for permanent residence under Canadian immigration law.
- These scholarships are for foreign students or researchers from all research fields (health, humanities and social sciences, arts and letters, natural sciences and engineering)
- Applicants are eligible for doctoral merit program scholarships from MEES in the first nine semesters of their doctoral studies.
- The postdoctoral fellowships are intended for researchers who have obtained their PhD more than two years before the competition deadline or who have submitted their PhD thesis by 15 January 2024.
Also Apply: International University of Applied Sciences Online and On-Campus Scholarships 2022
How to apply: Once shortlisted, the candidate must create an account in the FRQnet system. FRQNT will then contact all pre-selected candidates to complete an online form to which the required documents will be attached and which must be submitted online by the deadline and the competition closing date set by the Fund.
The form can be completed in French or English. Applicants applying in English must provide a French title for their work.
Please refer to the Presentation Templates for File Attachments in the FRQnet ePortfolio when preparing the files to be attached to the form.
Records cannot be updated after the application deadline.
All required documents must be included in the application to be considered eligible. Any documents that are illegible, poorly resolved or that do not allow verification of the suitability of the application will be rejected.
Documents submitted in a language other than French or English must be accompanied by a basic translation.
Application deadline: November 1, 2022