The University of Aberdeen is pleased to welcome applications from interested and eligible international students for a PhD Scholarship in Philosophy. This fellowship is awarded for research on digital knowledge-A new framework for digital science virtues.
This competitive scholarship is open to applicants from all over the world, providing a full tuition waiver and maintenance subsidy of £ 6,000 per year. Subject to satisfactory progress, this scholarship will be awarded for 3 years.
Scholarship sponsors: University of Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Host institutions: University of Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Scholarship value: Full tuition & maintenance costs 000 6,000 per year
Number of awards: enough
Level of education: PhD
Nationality: International Students
DETAILS PhD Scholarship PhD University of Aberdeen
We are increasingly caught up in an information epidemic, which the spread of health misinformation on the internet along with the growing distrust of experts can only be highlighted with tragic emphasis.
The project will use the latest tools of social epistemology and the epistemology of virtue to put our understanding of e-research and information exchange on a whole new basis, to better understand the sources of cybercrime and to better educate ourselves to browse them skillfully. .
To be eligible for the PhD Philosophy Scholarship from the University of Aberdeen, applicants are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Candidates from all over the world
- Applicants must have outstanding academic value and potential for independent research, as evidenced by the candidate’s academic background, previous qualifications, proposal and references.
- Applicants must hold, or expect to hold, a UK first-class undergraduate degree or honors degree 2: 1, or the international equivalent, in philosophy, which includes epistemology courses.
- It is preferable, but not a requirement, to have a master’s degree related to the field of study you have chosen. Other factors such as financial status and nationality are not taken into account.
- The selection will be based on these elements and the validity of the proposed commitment to the advertised research project.
How to apply:
Before applying, contact the supervisor via email to discuss your potential agreement with the project, how your own research interests will benefit the project, and how you intend to frame your research proposal.
You should include a detailed research proposal (1000-1500 words) that defines how you will deal with the advertised doctoral dissertation, transcripts and certificates and be supported by two academic reports. Further guidance on the research proposal can be found here.
You should mark your application “Digital Knowledge-A New Framework for Digital Scientific Virtues A New Framework for Digital Scientific Virtues” in the Provided Funding field in your online application.
Deadline for applications: June 30, 2022