The Hong Kong PhD Scholarship Program 2023/2024: International students worldwide are invited to apply for the Hong Kong PhD Scholarship Program fully funded for PhD studies in Hong Kong report to the next academic session.
Established by the Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong in 2009, the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) aims to attract the world’s best and brightest students to pursue their PhD studies at Hong Kong universities.
Community Sponsors: Research Grants Council (RGC) Hong Kong.
Companionship to be received: Universities of Hong Kong.
Funding Amount: See the benefits of the program.
Number of awards: 300 scholarships to be funded.
Level of education: Doctoral Level of Studies.
nationality: International students.
You may also like: Mandela Washington Scholarship for Young Africans
The Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme 2023/24 | Eligibility criteria
To be able to join the program for this academic year, you will meet the following eligibility requirements.
- Applicants must be an international student who wishes to study in Hong Kong (regardless of their country of origin);
- Candidates should have previous work experience and ethnic background should be eligible to apply.
- Applicants should demonstrate outstanding qualities of academic achievement, research ability/potential, communication and interpersonal skills and leadership skills.
While the academic excellence of applicants is paramount, Selection Committees will consider the following factors:
- Academic excellence?
- Research capacity and capabilities.
- Communication and interpersonal skills. and
Eligible Participating Universities
Applicants must seek admission as new full-time PhD students to the following eligible participating eight universities.
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- Lingnan University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Education University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- University of Hong Kong
Also apply: Bell Fellowship for International Scholars at Harvard University
- The Fellowship provides an annual stipend of HK$325,200 (approximately US$41,690) and a conference and research-related travel allowance of HK$13,600 (approximately US$1,740) per year for each recipient for a period of up to three years.
- 300 PhD scholarships will be awarded in the academic year 2023/24 (Universities in Hong Kong normally start their academic year in September).
- For awardees who take more than three years to complete the PhD, additional support may be provided by selected universities.
Interested and eligible candidates should apply directly to any of them participating universities mentioned above. Information regarding enrollment in the scholarship program will be provided by the individual universities.
Application deadline: December 1, 2022