Applications are invited from suitably qualified young South Africans for the Nurturing Emerging Scholars Program (NESP) aimed at providing funding for studies in France as well as internship positions.
The Nurturing Emerging Scholars program is a scholarship in France Offered in partnership with the French Embassy in South Africa, the program is a national program aimed at supporting prospective South African academics to obtain master’s degrees in areas of need at a public French university and a 1-year academic internship at a university in of South Africa who hires .
Scholarship Sponsors: Government of South Africa, French Embassy in South Africa
Scholarship Type: Partial Financing
Host institutions: Public French Universities
Scholarship Worth: See the scholarship benefits
Number of awards: enough
Level of education: Master
Nationality: South Africans
You may also like: France – South Africa Scholarship Program for Africans 2022/23
Nurturing Emerging Scholars Program 2022 | Eligibility criteria
To be considered for the 2022 Nurturing Emerging Scholars Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must show an interest in becoming an academic
- Be 35 years of age or younger.
- Be a South African citizen.
- Possess a minimum average of 65% achieved in an appropriate Level 8 qualification.
- Demonstrate a commitment to placement at the host South African University for the full 3 years of the program (2 years of study at any French public university and 1 year of internship at the host South African university).
- Eligible fields of study: Marine Sciences Physics-Oceanography, Physics, Chemistry, Information and Communication Technology, Statistics.
- Registration and tuition fees for the Master’s
- Mentoring and mentoring
- Help with possible international mobility experience
- Enhancing your research and teaching abilities
- One year internship at the University of South Africa after completing the Master’s degree.
Offered: NRF-DAAD In-Country Scholarship for South Africans 2022/2023
How to apply: Interested applicants for the Nurturing Emerging Scholars Program, applicants must apply online through the dedicated platform:
Cape Peninsula University of Technology
Central Technological University
Durban University of Technology
Mangosuthu University of Technology
Walter Sisulu University
Application deadline: August 5, 2022