Applications are now open for Canada’s Mitacs Globalink Research Internship 2023 for Undergraduate Students
When is the Application Deadline:
22nd September 2022 at 1 p.m. Pacific Time (PT).
Tell Me About the Mitacs Globalink Research Internship:
Mitacs Globalink Research Internship is a competitive initiative for international undergraduates from the following countries and regions: Australia, Brazil, China, Colombia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Mexico, Pakistan, Taiwan, Tunisia, Ukraine, United Kingdom and the United States. From May to October of each year, top-ranked applicants participate in a 12-week research internship under the supervision of Canadian university faculty members in a variety of academic disciplines, from science, engineering, and mathematics to the humanities and social sciences.
What Type of Scholarship is this?
Who is Eligible for the Mitacs Globalink Research Internship?
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of application
- Be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or combined undergraduate/master’s program at an eligible institution (see list of eligible institutions by country)
- Have one to three semesters remaining in their program as of Fall 2023
- Meet the grade requirements for their country of study (see GPA requirements for each international partner)
- Apply to a minimum of three and a maximum of seven projects and ensure selections are from at least three different Canadian provinces
- Be fluent in the oral and written language of the project (English and/or French)
- Be available to complete an internship lasting 12 consecutive weeks between May 1 and October 31
Note additional requirements for applicants from Tunisia:
Partners: Tunisia’s Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (MHESR), Mediterranean Institute of Technology (MedTech)
Eligible institutions in Tunisia: View list – no other institutions can be added
Eligible applicants: Full-time undergraduate students (or combined undergraduate/master’s program) with zero to three semesters remaining in their program as of Fall 2023
Minimum cumulative grade point average:
- MHESR: Engineering
- MedTech: Engineering, Finance, Marketing, Supply chain and Operations Management, Management, Business analytics, Data science, Social science and Humanitie
- MHESR: Applicants should be among the top 20% of their classes.
Which Countries are Eligible?
Australia, Brazil, China, Colombia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Mexico, Pakistan, Taiwan, Tunisia, Ukraine, United Kingdom and the United States.
Where will the Internship be Taken?
How Many Internships will be Given?
What is the Benefit of the Mitacs Globalink Research Internship?
Canada features excellent universities, outstanding research facilities, cutting-edge industry innovation, and unparalleled undergraduate training opportunities.
What a Mitacs Globalink Research Internship offers you:
- A 12-week internship that increases your knowledge of and explores hands-on research in your field of study
- Work under the supervision of outstanding faculty members, with graduate students and research associates
- Access to Canada’s unique research landscape: applied, dynamic, and innovative
- A rewarding experience combining academic research at a Canadian university, professional skills development courses and social activities
- A chance for you to explore your independence and gain international experience in a new country
- The opportunity to connect with potential graduate supervisors should you be interested in returning to Canada for graduate studies with a Mitacs Globalink Graduate Fellowship
How Long will the Internship Last?
How to Apply for Mitacs Globalink Research Internship: