The Government of Mauritius awards scholarships to deserving students who are resident citizens of African Union Member States or African Commonwealth countries, in accordance with the criteria (below). The 2023 implementation phase of Mauritius Government Scholarships for Africans is now open.
The scholarship will support successful applicants in covering their tuition fees and contributing to their living expenses during their studies in Mauritius. In addition, the scholarship covers round-trip airfare by the most economical route. This will apply to travel from the country of origin at the start of studies and return to the country of origin after successful completion of studies.
Scholarship Sponsors: The Government of Mauritius
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
Host institutions: The Government of Mauritius
Scholarship Worth: Full Funding (Amount not stated)
Number of awards: Enough
Level of education: Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Doctorate
Nationality: International Students
Also Check: Eni Scholarships 2022 for Africans at Oxford University (Fully Funded)
Eligibility Criteria | Mauritius Government Scholarships 2023
- For undergraduate programs, applicants must be over 18 years of age and not have reached their 26th birthday by 1 January 2024.
- For Master’s programs, applicants must not have completed 35 years of age and, for PhD programs, applicants must not have completed 40 years of age by 1 January 2024.
- Applicants must have already applied for a full-time on-campus program (Diploma, Bachelor, Master or Doctorate) at a public Institution of Higher Education in Mauritius (referred to in Section 8 in the appropriate Instructions for Applicants) for the academic year commencing in 2023 .
- The scholarship will be for a maximum duration as indicated in the table below or for the minimum course duration whichever is shorter.
- Undergraduate Diploma: Three (3) years
- Undergraduate degree: Four (4) years
- Masters: Two (2) years
- MPhil / PhD: Four (4) years + 6 months to transition from MPhil to PhD
- PhD: Three (3) years
- Instructions for applicants: This document contains important information about the conditions associated with the scholarship, the application process and a list of public higher education institutions in Mauritius where full-time on-campus studies are conducted.
- Application (Applicants are requested to complete the form online before printing): Application for the scholarship can only be made on the application form, duly completed. Section 5 of the application form should be considered and completed by the Nominations Office in the applicant’s country of citizenship
Applications, together with the required supporting documents, should be forwarded to the Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology of the Republic of Mauritius at the address below, for final selection.
The Senior Chief Executive, Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology (Attn: Directorate of Tertiary Education and Scientific Research) Level 2, MITD House, Pont Fer, Phoenix 73544. Republic of Mauritius (Email: [email protected])
Application deadline: May 26, 2023