The Government of Mauritius is pleased to announce the Mauritius Africa Scholarship Program to deserving students who are resident citizens of African Union Member States or African Commonwealth countries for the academic term 2022/23.
The scholarship award is available for college student, gentlemen and PhD Studies enrolled for a full-time on-campus program at a public higher education institution in Mauritius. Interested candidates are encouraged to avail the opportunity.
Scholarship Sponsors: Government of Mauritius
Scholarship Type: Full Financing
Host institutions: Higher education institutions in Mauritius
Scholarship Worth: See the scholarship benefits
Number of awards: enough
Level of education: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
See also: German Bundestag Scholarship for Young Africans 2022/23
Mauritius Africa Scholarship Program 2022 | Eligibility criteria
To be considered for the Mauritius Africa Scholarship Program 2022, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- For undergraduate programs, applicants must be over 18 years of age and not have reached their 26th birthday by 22 August 2022.
- For Masters programs, applicants should not have completed 35 years of age and, for PhD programs, applicants should not have completed 40 years of age by 22 August 2022.
- Applicants must have already applied for a full-time on-campus program (Diploma, Bachelor, Master or Doctorate) at a public institution of higher education in Mauritius (referred to in Section 8 of the appropriate Instructions for Applicants) for the academic year commencing in 2022 .
- The scholarship will be for a maximum duration as per the guidelines d in
- Tuition fees
- Support for living expenses.
- Air ticket to and from Mauritius.
Featured: France – South Africa Scholarship Program for Africans 2022/23
How to apply: Interested applicants for the Mauritius Africa Scholarship Program 2022 must complete the Application and provide all necessary documents. The application for the scholarship can only be made on the application form, duly completed. Section 5 of the application form should be considered and completed by the Nominations Office in the applicant’s country of citizenship. Application under this Scheme must be made exclusively through the Nominations Office responsible for processing scholarships in the applicant’s country of citizenship.
Applications, together with the required supporting documents, should be sent to the Ministry of Education, Higher Education, Science and Technology of the Republic of Mauritius at the address mentioned below:
The Senior Managing Director,
Ministry of Education, Higher Education, Science and Technology
(Attention: Directorate of Higher Education and Scientific Research)
Level 2, MITD House, Pont Fer, Phoenix 73544.
Republic of Mauritius (Email: [email protected])
Application deadline: August 15, 2022