Applications are now invited for the Irish Government Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2023, is fully funded for international students to study in Ireland. Qualified candidates are invited to apply within the specified application window.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme is an established national initiative, funded by the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science and administered by the Council. The awards will support suitable candidates for postgraduate and doctoral research who are pursuing or intending to pursue full-time research in any discipline.
Scholarship Sponsors: government of Ireland
Host institutions: Higher Institutions in Ireland
Scholarship Worth: See Award Benefits
Number of awards: enough
Level of education: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
Eligibility Criteria | Irish Government Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2023
The following are indicative of the eligibility requirements for the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2023.
- There is no age limit for applicants to be eligible for any type of program.
- All applicants must be affiliated to an eligible Irish higher education institution or research organisation.
- Applications will only be accepted in Irish or English
- Applicants must not have submitted two previous unsuccessful applications to the relevant programme, including strategic partner issues. This applies regardless of whether the applicant has changed their host institution or research topic since a previous submission.
The value of the scholarship will be up to €27,500 per year in any approved year and will consist of the following:
- cost €18,500 per year.
- fee contribution, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per year; and
- eligible direct research costs €3,250 per year.
How to apply: Potential candidates should read the call documentation carefully to determine whether or not they are eligible to apply. The indicative versions of the applicant and supervisor forms are provided for informational purposes only. All participants must create and submit their forms through the online system.
Application deadline/Key dates:
|call open||16:00 (Irish time) 8 September 2022|
|FAQ deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 13 October 2022|
|Application deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 20 October 2022|
|deadline supervisor||16:00 (Irish time) 27 October 2022|
|Deadline for approval of the research office||16:00 (Irish time) 3 November 2022|
|call result||End of March 2023|
|award start date||September 1, 2023|
Please note that the times provided here are indicative and subject to change.
Visit the Official Website for more details