International AIDS Society (IAS) is currently accepting applications from people working, volunteering or studying in the field of HIV to benefit from the International AIDS Society as it will give both in-person and virtual scholarships for IAS 2023.
If you are at least 18 years old on 23 July 2023 and work, volunteer or study in the field of HIV, you are welcome to apply for a scholarship to IAS 2023, the 12th IAS Conference on HIV Science, taking place in Brisbane, Australia and effectively from 23 to 26 July 2023.
Scholarship Sponsors: International AIDS Society (IAS), Australia
Host institutions: International AIDS Society (IAS), Australia
Scholarship Worth: is funded
Number of awards: Enough
Level of education: Applicants working, volunteering or studying in the HIV area
Nationality: All nationalities
Also Apply: Australia: Flinders University Vice-Chancellor International Scholarships 2023
DETAILS | International AIDS Society Scholarship for IAS 2023
You can indicate the type of participation you prefer in your application, as well as the types of financial support you need for your participation. Please note that due to high demand, we may not be able to award full scholarships or in-person scholarships to all selected applicants.
The IAS 2023 Scholarship Program supports participation in the IAS 2023. For other opportunities offered by the IAS, the 12th IAS Conference on HIV Science, which is taking place in Brisbane, Australia and effectively from 23 to 26 July 2023.
To be eligible for the 2023 International AIDS Society Fellowship, applicants are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Presenters of abstracts whose submission has been selected for the conference
- Applicants from low and middle income countries
- Applicants belonging to key populations and people living with HIV
- Young and junior researchers under the age of 35
- Candidates who have not previously received IAS conference scholarship
- Registration for in-person plus virtual attendance (access to all sessions at the conference venue, plus access to the virtual platform)
- Travel support (prepaid economy class return ticket from the nearest international airport)
- Accommodation (single room in budget hotel)
- Daily subsistence allowance for the duration of the conference
For virtual monitoring:
- Register for Virtual Attendance (full online access to all conference sessions, including virtual networking sessions)
- Accessibility support (exclusively for applicants with connectivity challenges to facilitate their access to IAS 2023 virtual content)
See also: West University of Canada Scholarships 2023/2024 for International Students
How to apply: To apply for a scholarship, all eligible applicants will need to answer questions about their background, experience, and motivation to attend the conference and upload a letter of recommendation. All answers must be in English. This letter must meet the following key criteria:
- Written in English
- Include a letterhead from your referee’s organization, company or institution
- Date within two months of submission of the application and signature (original or digital signature) by the arbitrator
- We specifically mention and support your scholarship application and participation in the IAS 2023
In the application form, applicants will be able to indicate which type of participation they prefer and request different types of financial support.
We only accept applications submitted through conference bill, which you can create starting November 15th if you don’t already have it. Please note that the email address you use for your account will be used for all communications from us and cannot be changed later. Once logged in, go to the scholarship section and follow the instructions to create a scholarship application.
We do not accept applications sent by email or regular mail.
Application deadline: 31 January 2023