Illinois Wesleyan University President’s Scholarships is a fully-funded scholarship offered to outstanding international students wishing to undertake Bachelor studies in the 2023/2024 academic session.
15th February, 2023
To be taken at (country):
Field of Study:
About the Illinois Wesleyan University President’s Scholarships:
Illinois Wesleyan awards the Illinois Wesleyan University President’s Scholarships and other need-based financial aid to international students in each first-year entering class. Students who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents are considered international students.
Merit-based scholarships are offered to qualified international applicants with outstanding academic achievement and test scores on the required entrance exams. These awards are fully-funded and are renewable for up to four years.
These scholarships are awarded each year to two highly qualified international students in assessing their talents, interests and academic achievements. The President’s scholarship is renewable for up to four years of study at Illinois Wesleyan University.
About the Illinois Wesleyan University:
Illinois Wesleyan University is committed to diversifying and internationalizing both the campus and curriculum. The International Office supports this effort through International Advising. We actively guide and support international students and scholars from admissions through post-graduate planning. Providing a welcome and inclusive environment, IWU values the distinctive contribution of our international students. Academic rigor with the intimate support of a small university equips you with the perfect environment for success.
Type of Award:
- Illinois Wesleyan University President’s Scholarships are offered on the basis of outstanding talents, interests and academic achievements.
Number of Scholarships:
Value of Scholarship:
- Illinois Wesleyan University President’s Scholarships: Full tuition
Duration of Scholarship:
Renewable for 4 years
How to Apply for the Illinois Wesleyan University President’s Scholarships:
Applications for the Illinois Wesleyan University President’s Scholarships must be complete by Feb. 15 to be considered.
How to Apply to the Illinois Wesleyan University:
Students interested in admission to University must submit:
- IWU Application or Common Application (there is no fee or preference for either application)
- Official copies of your academic records from all secondary schools and colleges in which you are currently enrolled or have previously attended. Transcripts should include the most recent 3 years of grades. Academic records need to be in English and notarized.
- English Proficiency Exam. IELTS , TOEFL , GTEC , or Duolingo English Test scores are accepted. IWU accepts MyBest scores for the TOEFL, in addition to TOEFL scores from a single test date. Minimum test scores are required for admission: IELTS 6.5 band score, TOEFL score of 80 iBT (Internet-based), Duolingo English Test score of 105. Scores more than two years old will not be accepted. English proficiency exam waivers are available to eligible applicants upon request.
- One Letter of Recommendation in English from a teacher or counselor who can attest to your academic and English language abilities in terms of reading comprehension, listening, and speaking.
- Family Financial Statement . IWU practices a need-sensitive admissions policy for international students. Upon meeting the required financial contribution of $10,000 USD per year, applications are evaluated without further consideration of ability to pay (need-blind).
- Photocopy of your passport in .jpg or .pdf format should be emailed to: [email protected] . Please notify us if you do not have a current passport. This will not delay consideration of your application for admission.
- Standardized Test Scores. Submit ONE of the following: SAT , ACT , 3 AP exam scores, 3 IB exams or IB Diploma (on track for the diploma), and 3 A-Level exams. We do not require any SAT Subject Tests.
- Personal Interview (for test optional).
- International students whose first or native language is not English are still required to submit either the TOEFL or IELTS.
Fine Arts Applicants
- Audition Materials can be submitted online if you are applying to the School of Music or School of Theatre Arts
- Portfolio may be uploaded as part of your admissions application if you are applying for the School of Art
Official copies of test score reports should be sent directly to Illinois Wesleyan by the respective testing agencies. However, if a copy is mailed or emailed, it must be certified by a school official as an official copy of the original.
All supportive documentation should be sent to:
Assistant Director for International Admissions
Illinois Wesleyan University
1211 Park Street
Bloomington, IL 61701 U.S.A.