Illinois Wesleyan University Scholarships and Financial Aid for International Students is currently open for applications from highly qualified students who wish to enroll in a program of study at the University for the academic term 2023 -2024.
Illinois Wesleyan is able to award merit scholarships and need-based financial aid for international students in each entering first year of class. Students who are not US citizens or US permanent residents are considered international students.
Scholarship Sponsors: Illinois Wesleyan University, USA
Host institutions: Illinois Wesleyan University, USA
Scholarship Worth: Full tuition
Number of awards: enough
Level of education: Bachelor’s, Master’s
Nationality: International Students
Also Apply: Applications for LWF Scholarships for Developing Countries 2022
DETAILS | Illinois Wesleyan Scholarships & Financial Aid
There are many scholarships and financial aid awarded each year to highly qualified international students based on their talents, interests and academic achievements.
- Scholarships based on merit
- President’s Scholarships
- Need-Based Financial Aid
In addition to merit scholarships, students may be eligible for IWU-sponsored scholarships, loans, and employment opportunities.
To be eligible for scholarships and financial aid at Illinois Wesleyan, applicants are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be international students
- Applicants must have Fifteen (15) academic credits in English, foreign language, mathematics, laboratory science and social science.
- Applicants must have a cumulative grade point average of B or higher.
- A well-written personal statement.
- Activities of students in their school and in their community.
- A letter of recommendation from a guidance counselor or academic teacher or a Teacher evaluation form.
- TOEFL scores for international students.
See also: University of Michigan African Presidential Scholars Program 2022/23
How to apply: Interested and eligible applicants seeking scholarships and financial aid at Illinois Wesleyan should apply online for these opportunities. Students who submitted all required application materials by November 15 are eligible for consideration.
Students interested in admission to Illinois Wesleyan University must submit:
- One of the following applications (one application is not preferred over another):
- Transcripts for all previous high school and/or college courses
- Teacher Evaluation or Recommendation (for those using the CommonApp, the evaluation section of the School Report will fulfill this requirement, but additional letters are welcome.)
- PRETEND /Sat ratings
- Personal interview (for optional examination)
- international students whose first or mother tongue is not English are still required to take either the TOEFL or IELTS.
Letters of recommendation and transcripts can be submitted through your application or official copies can be mailed to:
Illinois Wesleyan University, Office of Admissions. PO Box 2900, Bloomington, IL 61702.
Application deadline: February 15, 2023