The Hubert H. Humphrey Scholarshipfully funded at United Statesis a non-degree program that offers valuable professional development opportunities through selected university courses, conference attendance, networking and practical work experiences for participating fellows.
It is an annual program sponsored by the US Department of State and administered by the Institute of International Education (iie). Aimed at new graduates and mid-career professionals, the program is packed with huge benefits that naturally make it very competitive, especially for applicants around the world.
If you are interested in broadening your horizons and becoming a global leader, the Humphrey Scholarship is for you. The question now is how can I access the portal or application form and apply for it fully funded Humphrey Scholarship in United States? The answer is simply summarized on this page, along with the requirements and benefits for participating in the scholarship
How to apply for Humphrey Scholarship Program 2023/24
The interested candidate for this scholarship program will usually be able to access the scholarship application through “US Embassy (Public Affairs Department) or Fulbright Transnational Commission in your country“
While the Fulbright Transnational Commission assumes responsibility for approximately 26 countries, all other participating countries are administered by the Public Affairs Department of the US Embassy.
The first step to apply it to “find out if citizens of your country/region are eligible for the Hubert H. Humphrey Scholarship ProgramTo do this, you can click on your region and check your country in the list. If you find your country on the list, then you can apply.
At that point, the next step will be to read the specific application instructions as outlined for your country/region and proceed with the application as instructed.
Summary of requirements for applying for the Humphrey Scholarship Program
- Undergraduate (first university or degree).
- At least five years of full-time, professional experience
- Limited or no previous experience in the United States
- Proven leadership qualities
- Record of public service in the community
- English language ability
You may also like: Top 25 Fully Funded Scholarships in USA for International Students
What you need to know
- The Hubert H. Humphrey Scholarship is a fully funded program, which means that it covers all the costs of participating in the program, including the payment of tuition and fees, travel expenses, language training expenses, living allowance, professional development allowance for professional activities, etc.
- The program is a non-degree graduate level program that allows participants to complete academic courses at their host university to update their academic and professional knowledge in their field, but do not receive an academic degree as a result of their participation in the Program.
- The U.S. Embassy or Fulbright Transnational Commission undertakes the nomination of candidates for the program and will inform you of the internal deadline for receipt of applications.
- Scholars cannot choose which university to attend. Instead, they are placed in various groups of 7-15 at the most appropriate host institution based on their area of interest and professional field.
- The program is an annual program with 200 plus scholarships awarded each year. Participants may generally reapply for the Program based on the terms of the Embassy or Fulbright Commission in their home country.
Click here to learn more and apply