Among all his options international students, Australia happens to be one of the most talked about and also one of the most preferred study destinations. However, like any other top study destination, it can be quite expensive when you’re going on your own! This write-up will give you tips how to study with fully funded scholarships in Australia.
Why is Australia good for studying? At the top of the list of reasons is the fact that Australia it hosts high-level, globally recognized, world-class institutions of higher education. To add to that, the environment, climate and people in Australia are quite friendly. In comparison, citizens live a carefree and much more affordable lifestyle.
Are there any Fully Funded Scholarships in Australia?
One of the best ways to study in a foreign country with a higher currency is through Scholarships. It’s even better fully funded scholarships.
There are so many fully funded scholarships in Australia. Most of these scholarships cover full tuition, living expenses, airfare, etc.
Some Popular Fully Funded Scholarships in Australia
To facilitate your search. We have compiled a list of some of the commonly available fully funded scholarships in Australia. These are just some of the many fully funded scholarships you can find in Australia.
Australia Awards Scholarships
The Australia Awards scholarship program is administered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and aims to contribute to the development needs of Australia’s partner countries under bilateral and regional agreements. It is a fully funded program structured for full-time or short-course postgraduate studies at selected Australian public institutions.
This scholarship is for international postgraduate students in Australia and is fully funded. This means that it also covers tuition fees, travel and living expenses. The value of this scholarship is AUD$30,000 for a 21-month postgraduate course and AUD$20,000 for a 12-month postgraduate course.
Deakin University Scholarships
The Deakin University Scholarship provides postgraduate students with an amount of $28,600 per year and some other additional costs for relocation and health insurance.
Charles Darwin University Scholarships
Charles Darwin University offers scholarships both for undergraduates, postgraduates, PhDs and training students. Some of these scholarships are fully funded, while others will only cover 50% of the cost of tuition.
This scholarship was created for international students who want to go for Masters or PhD studies in Australia. The Rotary Peace Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship that covers many areas such as its recipients’ full tuition fees, living expenses, travel expenses, field study expenses and so on. Here, students will be given a total amount of $40,000.
The Swinburne International Excellence Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship that offers its recipients an amount of $2500 to cover course expenses. This scholarship it is for both undergraduate and graduate students.
Also Check: 10 Most Desirable Australia Scholarships for International Students [Fully Funded]
Requirements to get a fully funded scholarship in Australia
If you really wish to have a fully funded scholarship in Australia, then you need to stand out among other applicants. There are certain requirements that you will need to meet before you can be considered for a scholarship in Australia. Below are some of the basic requirements.
- Good academic records: Since most scholarships are based on academic performance, you will always have a better chance if you are able to present very good academic records of your previous academic qualifications
- proof of English language proficiency: While some schools may easily waive others, others are reluctant to see a relatively high score on English proficiency tests to be sure of a student’s language ability.
- Reference Letter: Most scholarships require you to have some letters of recommendation from your school or supervisors/teachers.
- Wworker experience: For most postgraduate scholarships, awarding bodies would normally like to select people who already have some professional experience in relation to their chosen field of study. Previous internships or university student positions related to your field of study are also valued.
- Your application: sending an excellent application will naturally increase your chances of receiving a fully funded scholarship.
How to apply for Fully Funded Scholarships in Australia
If you have applied for funding for your education in the past without success, these tips will be of great help.
- The first step you should take is to do intense research on the type of scholarships that will suit you. the goal here is to find as much scholarships as much as possible.
- The next step you need to take is to check your eligibility for these scholarships. The criteria are mainly based on your academic records, language scores, financial situation, your location or place of origin and your course of study. Isolate the scholarships you actually qualify for.
- You can go through a study agent. Ask for his or her advice on the types of scholarships to pursue and those available at the institutions of your choice.
- Organize all the documents and prepare a great scholarship application.
- Now, when you are done preparing your application documents and letters, don’t submit immediately. Let others see it and point out possible fixes, I suggest you go for experts.
Also check: How to Apply for Australia Awards || Scholarships Helpful tips
How to increase your chances of being accepted for scholarships in Australia
During scholarship application periods, you find a large number of people applying, while only a few of them are successful. To be among the chosen few, you want to be sure to adopt these helpful tips.
- Apply early. Sometimes delay could mean denial when it comes to scholarship applications
- Do a lot of research on the right scholarships.
- Don’t apply for just one scholarship, apply for as many as you can.
- Some scholarships require you to participate in the development of your community. Therefore, you must participate in community activities
- Apply for scholarships you are eligible for.
- Have a thorough understanding of the application process before applying.
- Also apply for government aid, part-time jobs, student loans as a backup plan.
These are the important steps you need to take to get a fully funded scholarship in Australia. Remember to stay optimistic and never give up on your dream of studying.