Applications are invited from highly motivated graduates from eligible African countries to take part in the German Bundestag Scholarship Program in Berlin, Germany. The scholarship is aimed at young graduates who are interested in learning the German parliamentary system and playing an active role in promoting basic democratic values in their home countries.
The scholarship will provide an intensive four-week program where participants will gain first-hand experience of the German parliamentary system and decision-making processes.
Scholarship Sponsors: German Bundestag
Scholarship Type: Full Financing
Host institutions: German Bundestag
Scholarship Worth: See the scholarship benefits
Number of awards: enough
Level of education: Postgraduate
You may also like: University of Lincoln Scholarships for African Students 2022/23
German Bundestag Scholarship 2022 | Eligibility criteria
To be considered for the German Bundestag Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be citizens of the three participating African countries
- Must be under 30 years of age at the start of the scholarship
- Must have obtained a good university degree
- Must have a very good knowledge of German
- Interest in politics, social/political engagement.
- Monthly scholarship of 500 euros.
- Health, accident and personal liability insurance costs.
- Travel costs to and from Berlin.
See also: France – South Africa Scholarship Program for Africans 2022/23
How to apply: Interested applicants for the German Bundestag Scholarship 2022 should email their completed electronic application documents as a PDF file, with the file name consisting of the applicant’s last name followed by the applicant’s first name (e.g. last- name), in the German mission back home.
The application must be submitted in German and include the following scanned documents:
- Passport photo (attach it to the first page of the application.
- Application form (available at bundestag.de/ips_afrikanisch)
- Evidence of very good knowledge of German.
- Personal statement of reasons for application (maximum two pages).
- Copy of passport or identity card.
- Certified copy of university degree.
- Letter of recommendation in German or English (from a university professor or employer, evaluating the applicant’s qualifications for the program).
Application deadline: September 30, 2022