Applications from suitably qualified South Africans are invited to apply for the Funza Lushaka Scholarship Program with the aim of supporting undergraduate and postgraduate studies in Education for the academic period 2022/2023.
The Funza Lushaka scholarships cover most of the recipient’s basic expenses. Costs covered include tuition fees, accommodation including meals, books and study materials, practical teaching and if possible a small stipend for monthly living expenses.
Scholarship Sponsors: South African government
Scholarship Type: Full Financing
Host institutions: Higher Education Institutions in South Africa
Scholarship Worth: It is not specified
Number of awards: enough
Level of education: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Nationality: South Africans
See also: PwC Bursary -CA Program for South Africans 2023
Funza Lushaka Scholarship Program 2023 | Eligibility criteria
To be eligible for the Funza Lushaka Scholarship Program for South Africans, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants should be 30 years of age and below to qualify for the Funza Lushaka Scholarship.
- Funza Lushaka Scholarships are not allowed to be distributed to employees of Tertiary Institutions, their spouse and their dependents/children.
- The Funza Lushaka Scholarship does not fund extended programs.
- Applicant must be admitted to an approved B.Ed. degree or PGCE program to specialize in two or more of the priority areas.
- The candidate must demonstrate good academic ability.
- The applicant must demonstrate a commitment to a teaching career, which includes: an interest in working with young people; enthusiasm for a professional career in teaching; readiness to face and overcome difficult challenges with integrity.
- The applicant must commit to teaching in any school to which a student may be placed by a Provincial Education Department (PED).
- Students must meet the minimum academic criteria to be awarded the scholarship.
How to apply: Interested applicants for the Funza Lushaka Scholarship Program 2023 should visit application portal and follow the steps described (below):
- Register by providing personal information
- Log in to the system using the username and password created during registration
- In the e-Services Menu select Funza Lushaka Subsary Scheme
- Enter the OTP received on the preferred channel
- Accept the Terms and Conditions
- In the control panel menu click on 2023 apply button
- Follow the steps to fill in the required field with your details
- Accept the statement to confirm the recorded information
Application deadline: It is not specified