For the academic session 2023-24, up to 200 scholarships are on offer from 49 universities across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. British Council Funded MAJOR Scholarships offers students from 14 countries the chance to have £10,000 towards their tuition fees for a wide range of one-year postgraduate courses.
Each scholarship is jointly funded by the UK Government’s GREAT Britain Campaign and the British Council with participating UK higher education institutions.
Scholarship Sponsors: British Council
Scholarship Type: Partial Financing
Host institutions: Institutions in the United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: £10,000
Number of awards: enough
Level of education: Postgraduate (Master)
Nationality: International Students
See also: British Council Full Degree Scholarships 2023 | Application Guide
Funded by the British Council GREAT Scholarship 2023 | Eligibility criteria
To be considered for the GREAT Scholarship funded by the British Council, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of an eligible country
- Have an undergraduate degree, be motivated and have an interest in the proposed subject area
- Satisfy the UK HE English language requirement
- Establish a commitment to the UK as a Scholar, through personal and academic fulfillment
- Be keen to attend a networking event of all UK-based SENIOR scholars to discuss experiences and capture perceptions about studying in the UK
- Be willing to liaise with the British Council and their Higher Education Institution and act as an ambassador for the BIG Scholarships
- As a GREAT Scholarships graduate, please be willing to occasionally speak to potential applicants about their own experience of studying in the UK.
- MAJOR Scholarships are available to students from the following countries: Bangladesh, China, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Thailand, Turkey, Vietnam.
How to apply: Interested applicants for the GREAT Scholarships 2023/24 funded by the British Council should visit the participating university’s page to find out more information and then follow the link on the university’s website.
Applicants should then proceed to apply for individual scholarships following the instructions given on each university’s scholarship websites.
Application deadline: The deadline varies by institution