Applications are invited from qualified young South Africans for her government Japan Exchange and Teaching Program which seeks to strengthen internationalization in Japan by promoting mutual understanding between the peoples of Japan and those of other nations.
The objectives of the Program are achieved by offering JET Program participants the opportunity to serve in local authorities as well as in public and private elementary, middle and high schools in Japan.
Japan Exchange and Teaching Program 2023 | DETAILS
The Japanese government is inviting applications from young South Africans who would like to spend at least one year in Japan as assistant language teachers (ALTs) as part of a highly successful international exchange program for university graduates.
The Program is implemented by local authorities and other bodies that nominate Participants in collaboration with the Ministry of Interior and Communications (MIC), Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT). ) ), and the Council of Local Authorities on International Relations (CLAIR).
Offered: Japanese Government Undergraduate Scholarship (MEXT) 2023/24 [Fully-Funded]
To be eligible for the Japan Exchange and Teaching Program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have obtained a relevant degree from a recognized higher education institution.
- Participants must perform their duties as an ALT under the guidance of foreign language teacher advisors or Japanese foreign language teachers as determined by the supervisor and/or director of the board of education and/or school.
- Must demonstrate excellent teaching and research skills.
- Applicants must be willing to stay in Japan and serve the duration of the program.
- Become a young South African graduate.
How to apply: Interested applicants for the Japan Exchange and Teaching Program 2022/23 must complete an online Application and submit the following supporting documents:
- Application form 2023
- 2023 JET Program Candidate Self-Report of Medical Condition.
- Certified file/transcript
- Essay (Statement of Purpose)
- Graduation Certification
- Reference Letter
- Teaching or language qualifications
- Proof of identity
- Criminal Record/Police Clearance Certificate.
Application deadline: October 21, 2022