Applications are invited from suitably qualified South African students for the City of Cape Town External Scholarships 2023 to cover the cost of registration, examinations and tuition fees for their formal studies.
The Municipality invites interested residents in Cape Town who are enrolled in accredited academic institutions in South Africa to apply for these external scholarships.
Scholarship Sponsors: City of Cape Town
Scholarship Type: Partial Financing
Host institutions: South African Institutions
Scholarship Worth: It is not specified
Number of awards: Enough
Level of education: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Nationality: South Africans
Featured: Vodacom Scholarship Program for South African Students 2022 [Fully Funded]
City of Cape Town External Scholarships | DETAILS
The scholarship aims to provide aspiring students with the means to further their studies in the field of their choice. Each year, a group of ambitious and willing students are selected who believe they will make use of this opportunity and approach their studies and career aspirations with great enthusiasm and the intentional hard work required to pursue their dreams. Scholarships also include limited allowances for tuition, transport and meals. In some cases where there is demonstrated need, the Council may also cover a capped accommodation allowance, with funding permission.
To be eligible for the City of Cape Town External Bursaries 2022/23, you must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be South African citizens residing within the boundaries of Cape Town.
- Applicants should possess their Grade 12 final/interim results with an average of 65% or above.
- Applicants must submit a copy of first, second, or third year academic transcripts
- Applicants must be enrolled for full-time study at an accredited tertiary institution and should be studying an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in one of the approved fields of study with scarce skills in the City of Cape Town.
- Eligible fields: Accounting (CA and Cost Management), Arts Education, Auditing, Contract Management, Data Science/Analysis (Statistics, Computer Science), Finance, Engineering (Various fields including Industrial Engineering), Environmental (Specialists including Air Pollution and (Water Quality), Fleet Management, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Heritage, Information Systems and Technology, Legal (Various Sectors), Nursing, Occupational Health and Safety, Project Management, Renewable Energy, Supply Chain Management, Technical Education/ qualifications in, Electricity/Energy/Refrigeration/Electronic/Process Control and Operations, Transport Management, Urban Planning, Landscape, Planning, Surveying and Architecture, Municipal Finance Management Law Minimum Competency Certificate, Public Accountability, Innovation.
See also: Sasol Scholarship Programs for South African Youth 2022
How to apply: Interested applicants for the 2022/23 External City Scholarships must complete an online application form by the application deadline and submit all required supporting documents.
Application deadline: 30u September 2022