Fulbright Scholarships is one of the long-standing and well-funded scholarships around the world. These scholarships are fully funded scholarships offered to international students who wish to do so studies in the USA. The scholarships are aimed at Masters and PhD students with the necessary academic and research abilities with the aim of providing them with a world-class education and improving their research skills.
The Fulbright Scholarship is an excellent opportunity for students, researchers, professionals, artists and teachers worldwide who have outstanding academic/personal achievements. Applications for various Fulbright scholarships are published annually.
The scholarships are funded by the US Department of State, the United States government’s flagship international educational exchange program designed to foster mutual understanding between countries through educational and cultural exchange.
See also: Fulbright Foreign Student Program 2022 [4000 Full Scholarships]
Fulbright Scholarships Overview
The Fulbright Program, an initiative of US Senator J. William Fulbright was introduced after World War II. Currently operating in more than 155 countries worldwide, the Fulbright Scholarship is one of the most recognized programs supporting exchanges between the US and international participants in the fields of science, business, public service, government, and the arts. .
Since its inception, the Fulbright Scholarship has grown into one of the largest academic and cultural exchange programs in the world. More than 310,000 teachers, researchers, graduate students and professionals have participated in the Fulbright program.
Fulbright Scholarship Benefits
The scholarship covers:
- Beneficiary’s round-trip airfare to the US
- Settlement Allowance, Monthly Allowance, Housing Allowance, Books and Supplies Allowance and Computer Allowance.
- It also covers basic university health insurance as primary insurance coverage and the Fulbright ASPE health allowance as secondary coverage.
Please note that the scholarship does not cover dependent travel, therefore recipients will not be allowed to travel with a spouse and children to the United States.
Offered: Fulbright Visiting Scholars Program 2022/23 (Fully Funded in USA)
Fields of study
Applicants should note that the Fulbright scholarship covers the following fields of study: Science, engineering, technology, arts, journalism/public relations/media studies, agriculture/food science, economics, environmental science, international relations, political science, public administration /politics, public health and tourism.
However, applicants should be aware that the scholarship is very competitive, especially in the fields of journalism, communication and business administration, sciences such as chemistry, biology, physics and related engineering disciplines.
Fulbright Scholarship 2023 | Eligibility criteria
To be eligible for the Fulbright Scholarship 2023, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have an excellent academic record and a high level of English proficiency.
- International students from 155 countries around the world are eligible.
- Applicants must be highly motivated and seriously committed to completing the program as planned and returning home.
- Only applicants with strong proposals outlining their research objectives, methodology, timeline, and rationale for conducting the research in the US will be shortlisted for interviews.
- Please see it country specific websites to find information about the Fulbright Program in your country, including eligibility requirements and application instructions.
You may also like: Top 10 Fully Funded Scholarships to Study Abroad in 2022
Interested applicants for the 2023 Fulbright Scholarships must complete the applications in full and attach their supporting documents online (3 academic and professional references, CV, academic transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended and a writing sample).
Applicants should login to the application portal, enter an e-mail address and create a password. Please remember your password as it will be used throughout the application process. Applicants are also advised to carefully read the pre-application instructions and seek the assistance of senior colleagues who are Fulbright alumni before completing the forms.
Applicants should note that a complete application includes:
- An online application that includes: A clearly written research objective, summarizes the Professional.
- Three letters of recommendation specifying the candidate’s personal, academic and professional ability (submitted electronically and attached to the online application).
- A copy of academic transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended should be scanned and attached to the online application if available.
- TOEFL Score Report.
Please note that all applications for international student programs are processed by international Fulbright Commissions/Institutions or US Embassies. Therefore, foreign students must apply through the Fulbright Commission/Foundation or the US Embassy in their home countries. The deadline varies by country, but is approx February to October annually.