Deakin University invites applications from suitably qualified international students for Deakin’s Vice-Chancellor’s Academic Excellence Scholarship. This scholarship is available for undergraduate and graduate students.
The scholarship is open to both undergraduate and graduate students who show exceptional promise within or beyond their academic achievements. Strong academic performance or excellence in extracurricular activities, sports, the arts, community service or leadership will hold the key to success.
Scholarship Sponsors: Deakin University, Australia
Host institutions: Deakin University, Australia
Scholarship Worth: $5,000 – $10,000 per year
Number of awards: enough
Level of education: Undergraduate & Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
DETAILS | Deakin University Scholarship for Excellence
When applying directly to Deakin for this scholarship, select either the ‘Undergraduate Scholarship Application Tri/Sem 1 2023’ or the ‘Postgraduate Scholarship Application Tri/Sem 1 2023’ option and, if eligible, your application will be received automatically considered for this scholarship and o Vice-Chancellor’s Academic Excellence Scholarship and Deakin Student Support Scholarship in the selection process.
This reduces the number of scholarships you need to apply for and increases your chances of getting a Deakin scholarship.
To be eligible for a Deakin University Excellence Scholarship, applicants are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be international students, an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen, an Australian permanent resident or a permanent Australian humanitarian visa holder
- Start or be enrolled in a Commonwealth-supported degree or honors degree (CSP) or postgraduate coursework degree (CSP or full fee)
- Enrolled at Deakin University in Term 1 2023
- Bachelor students and honors students enrolled full-time, unless exceptional circumstances prevent full-time study, or graduate students enrolled in at least two credits per quarter
- Able to demonstrate achievement in one of the following:
- an ATAR of at least 85;
- weighted average (WAM)/Grade average (GPA) of at least 80 in previous tertiary study
- leadership experience
- elite athletic performance
- Social work
- voluntary activities
- the arts
- any other achievement.
Attention will be given to students facing financial or personal difficulties.
See also: Fully Funded Scholarships in Denmark for International Students
How to apply: As an international student, you can submit your application directly through Deakin’s online application portal or through an authorized Deakin representative. Or use our step-by-step guide to apply now and start your journey to Deakin University Australia.
As part of the application process you will also be asked to upload supporting documents.
Make sure you select the correct one File type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded in the wrong format, they will not be taken into account when evaluating your application. Remember to provide quality not quantity. Aim to provide documents that are current, relevant and concise.
The supporting documents required include:
- evidence of your previous WAM or GPA (if completed at another institution)
- evidence of any leadership activities or community service achievements
- proof of any sporting or other achievements.
Application deadline: 05 December 2022
Visit the Official Website for more details