The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is offering the MSc programme Tropical and International Forestry scholarship at the University of Göttingen to students from developing countries.
Application Deadline: 31st October 2022
Offered Annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Germany
About the Award: The Georg-August-Universität Göttingen offers the MSc programme Tropical and International Forestry scholarship with the international degree Master of Science (M.Sc.). The programme is for students interested in pursuing an international career in forestry, nature conservation, ecosystem research or in development organisations.
Students are admitted to the MSc programme on the condition that they obtain a scholarship or bring their own financial support. The DAAD Scholarship Program is offered to students from Developing Countries.
Eligibility: To be considered for the DAAD scholarship:
- Applicants work at either a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree (4 years) in a related subject (Forestry, Biology, Agriculture, Ecology, Geography, etc.)
- Will have completed an academic degree far above average (at least 2nd class upper division) and at least two years of related professional experience
- Is no older than 36; his/her respective academic degrees should normally not be more than 6 years old
- Has an internationally recognized English test score: IELTS (minimum: band 6.0) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based)
To be considered for the programme, applicants must have:
- BSc degree (or equivalent) in Forestry or a related field (e.g. Agriculture, Biology, Ecology, Geography) with very good to good results conferred by an institute of higher learning or a similar qualification
- proven proficiency in English (TOEFL 80 points/ibt, IELTS 6 points at least)
- Professional experience is also welcome
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The forestry scholarship covers living costs, study fees, health insurance, travel costs and German language courses for the whole course (24 months). The monthly allowance is about € 750 plus additional payments.
Duration of Program: 24 months
How to Apply: Application for DAAD scholarships and programme admission in 4 steps
1. Register online for the programme admission and for DAAD scholarship application
Please apply via our website, fill out the online form and wait for our reply before you send us any documents.
2. Fill out the application form, upload all necessary documents and submit the application until 31st October 2022
>>> Please note that the application for our study programme does not include a room reservation. You need to apply separately! Due to the housing shortage in Göttingen we recommend applying for a room in a dormitory at this stage already more info.
Necessary documents according to the DAAD guidelines:
- full curriculum vitae
- Please indicate your working experience with the exact time span of employment (month/year), your function/responsibilities
- Please indicate the exact time span of study periods
- Please indicate any voluntary work, internships etc.
- detailed motivation letter
- giving the reason why you would like to study the MSc Tropical and International Forestry
- What are your professional aims in future?
- Important: The DAAD EPOS program does not support scientific careers (scientists, lecturers etc.). Applicants who want to become university professors or scientists will not be considered for the programme.
- two recent referee’s reports
- one by university teacher(s) and one by current employer.
- The letters need to mention the applicants name and qualification, the duration of employment and the tasks worked on.
- The letter should contain the recommenders contact details, heading, date, signature and seal.
- Please upload them directly to our application form.
- Referees can use the following forms but other formats are also accepted
- DAAD application form filled out and signed by the applicant
- academic certificates: officially authenticated copies of
- school-leaving certificate giving the right of entry to higher education in the applicant’s home country with individual grades
- Bachelor Transcript with individual grades
- university Diploma or degree certificate indicating the final grade(s) with
- grading system (indicating the minimum and maximum grade for passing)
>>> All certificates must be accompanied by an explanation of the grading system. If those documents are in in any other language than English or German a translation is needed!
The accuracy of the translation must be confirmed with a stamp and signature by one of the following authorities: German embassy or consulate, or the university which conferred the degree. Original certificates will not be needed until matriculation at the German institution.
- a recent photograph attached to the application forms
- documents of practical training/work experience
- You need to proof at least 2 years of relevant work experience after finishing your studies (student jobs and internships during your studies will not be taken into account).
- Important: The DAAD EPOS program does not support scientific careers (scientists, lecturers etc.). Your experience should mainly result from working in public authority or a state or private company, but not universities.
- The document(s) need to mention the applicants name and position/ job title as well as the exact contract duration of employment (month/year) and the employers contact details (address, website). The document(s) should contain heading, date, signature and seal from the employer.
- a research proposal
- a prospective research work for MSc thesis showing that you are familiar with scientific writing standards (you can change the topic during the studies)
- 3-5 pages
3. Wait until we contact you
You will be informed whether your application is complete and can be considered shortly after you submitted.