Every year, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) supports students from developing parts of the study and research world in their region and in cooperation with selected German institutions. Interested students from the sub-Saharan African region are invited to apply here 2023/2024 In-Country/Intra-Region Scholarship Program for Sub-Saharan Africans (West and Central Africa or Southern Africa region).
The program aims to promote strong, internationally oriented higher education systems in Sub-Saharan Africa with the capacity to contribute to sustainable development. Development grants are awarded for this purpose Mr the doctoral for individuals planning to pursue a career in teaching and/or research at a higher education institution in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Scholarship Sponsors: FROM AD
Scholarship to be taken in: sub-Saharan Africa
Scholarship Worth: See scholarship value and benefits (below)
Number of awards: Is not mentioned
Level of education: Postgraduate (Master’s and PhD)
Nationality: Sub-Saharan Africans (see eligibility criteria below)
Also Check: Fully Funded MENA Scholarship Program to Study in Netherlands
DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship 2023 | Eligibility criteria
The target group for the scholarships are undergraduates and postgraduates from Sub-Saharan Africa
- with a first academic degree if you are applying for a postgraduate programme, or
- with a master’s degree if you are applying for a PhD program
- who want to pursue a master’s or PhD course in their home country (so-called in-country scholarships) or in another country in Sub-Saharan Africa (intra-regional scholarships).
- Female applicants and candidates from less privileged areas or groups are strongly encouraged to participate in the scheme.
The selection process differs between individual study programs. See the call for applications for more information.
Typically, the application process follows a two-step process.
- First, applicants submit their scholarship application to the host institution.
- After pre-selection, shortlisted candidates will be invited to re-submit their application through the DAAD portal for final selection.
- Please note that the application process may differ between regions and host institutions.
- The specific application instructions for each host institution are listed in the respective calls for applications (see full information on the official website, link provided below).
Scholarship Worth and Benefits
Generally, scholarship recipients will receive;
- Monthly allowance
- Study and research allowance
- Printing allowance
- Tuition fees
Applies only to scholarship holders within the region:
- travel allowance
- Health Insurance
Duration of financing
Funding is provided for the usual duration of a course – generally, up to two years for Masters and up to three years for PhD programmes.
How to apply: To apply for the DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Program 2023, you will visit the official scholarship application page through the link provided below and find the list of study programs sponsored by this scholarship program in Western regions and Central Africa, East Africa and Southern Africa, including links to the respective calls for applications.
Application deadline: Varies with host institutions