The University of California Irvine invites applications from qualified applicants college student and masters students for UCI Distinguished Scholarships category. UC Irvine is offering incoming high school freshmen and transfer students the opportunity for the 2022 – 2023 academic session.
This scholarship is renewable for 3 years for freshmen and 1 year for transfer beyond their initial year of tenure, as long as eligibility requirements are still met. The open scholarship application period for continuing students is open until January for award in the following academic year.
Scholarship Sponsors: University of California Irvine, USA
Host institutions: University of California Irvine, USA
Scholarship Worth: Is not mentioned
Number of awards: Enough
Level of education: Undergraduate & Postgraduate
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
Also Apply: Australia Pacific Awards Scholarships for International Students 2022 (Fully Funded)
DETAILS | UCI Distinguished Scholarships category
The University of California Irvine offers several scholarship opportunities for current undergraduate students through the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships annual online scholarship application.
- The Regents Scholarship
- Chancellor’s Scholarship of Excellence
- The directors’ scholarship
To be eligible for the UCI Distinguished Scholarship Category, applicants are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Undergraduate and graduate students enrolled full-time (minimum 12 credits in each academic term) at UCI (PhD students do not need to complete this application, contact your department or graduate department for scholarship/scholarship opportunities)
- Minimum 2.5 undergraduate admissions GPA or UCI cumulative GPA.
- Applicants must have submitted a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), if eligible, in order to qualify based on needs scholarships. The FAFSA can be deposited at www.studentaid.ed.gov. Students who are not eligible to submit a FAFSA and qualify for the AB 540 fee waiver must file a California Dream Act application to qualify based on needs scholarships. The California Dream Act application can be submitted at dream.csac.ca.gov.
- Eligible students are undergraduate students pursuing their first degree who are either US citizens, permanent residents, or eligible noncitizens.
- International students can apply for UCI scholarships, however they cannot apply a FAFSA or the CA DREAM Act application, so they do not qualify based on needs scholarships.
See also: Free Universities in the United States 2022/2023
How to apply: The Distinguished Scholarship category does not require any scholarship application. Students are automatically considered for scholarships in this category based on their application for admission to UC.
No additional materials are required or considered in the selection process for these scholarships. To be considered for these three scholarships, you must apply for fall admission by November 30.
Application deadline: 30 November 2022