The Canon Collins Trust in association with the Sol Plaatje Educational Project are currently inviting applications for the Canon Collins Sol Plaatje Scholarships in South Africa 2023. These scholarships are peculiar to Masters and PhD candidates.
The Sol Plaatje Educational Project and the Canon Collins Trust will provide funding for up to two years for masters and three years for PhD. Continuation of funding is subject to satisfactory progress and academic reports.
Scholarship Sponsors: Canon Collins Trust and Sol Plaatje educational project
Host institutions: University of South Africa
Scholarship Worth: R20,000 – R100,000
Number of awards: enough
Level of education: Masters & PhD
Nationality: Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe
Also apply for: Arden University Postgraduate Scholarship for International Students 2022
DETAILS | Canon Collins Sol Plaatje Scholarships
Interdisciplinary courses and doctoral studies can sometimes defy easy categorization. Applicants are asked to use their own judgment in evaluating whether to apply. However, applications that clearly do not fall within these fields (for example MBA, medical sciences, sports sciences and applied sciences) will not be considered for an award.
In 2023, climate justice will be a priority. Climate Justice-related scholarship applications may be in the field of science or applied science, as long as the application can demonstrate its relevance to issues related to climate justice.
To be eligible for Canon Collins Sol Plaatje Scholarships, applicants are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be nationals or have refugee status in one of the following countries: Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe
- Applicants must normally reside in one of the above countries
- Applicants must hold a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or be due to graduate in the year of application
- Applicants must be studying or applying to study at a South African university
In 2023, we will only award those studying in three fields:
- Justice, which includes Climate Justice, Law, Economics and Politics
- Educational policy and practice
- Humanities, which includes Literature, History, Anthropology and the Arts
Only apply if your study program falls into one of these disciplines.
You may also like: University of Lincoln Scholarships for African Students 2022/23
How to apply: To be considered for Canon Collins Sol Plaatje Scholarships or Tom Queba Scholarship for Social Change, applicants must register and submit online application for this scholarship. Please apply only if you are eligible and meet ALL the criteria.
Please download and read the instructions carefully before applying for this scholarship.
Application deadline: 22 August 2022