The British Council through SGSAH Scotland is pleased to announce the opening of applications for the British Council Scotland SGSAH Earth Scholarships 2023 for international research collaborations between PhD and Early Career Researchers and Scottish institutions.
The program aims to promote the role and interventions of the environmental arts and humanities, as well as the arts and culture sector in addressing the climate emergency and their capacity for interdisciplinary research in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, of Arts and Mathematics (STEAM). .
Scholarship Sponsors: British Council
Scholarship Type: Full Financing
Host institutions: Scottish Graduate School of Arts & Humanities
Scholarship Worth: Variety
Number of awards: Enough
Level of education: Postgraduate
Nationality: All Nationalities
See also: British Council GREAT Scholarships at University of Kent, UK 2022/2023
British Council Scotland SGSAH Earth Scholarships | DETAILS
The fellowship will create research opportunities and international mobility that will develop and support new approaches to addressing the global challenge of the climate crisis and support sustainable research and cultural exchange within and outside the arts, humanities and cultural fields.
The program will provide scholarships for PhD researchers and early career researchers based outside the UK to come to Scotland to undertake face-to-face and hybrid exchanges for up to 3 months in 2023, in the field of environmental arts and humanities. Research placements will include a 2-week individual program to build a leadership core cohort, where all recipients will be brought together with Scotland-based scholars to network and collaborate in April 2023, supported by a set of thematic and geographical oriented groups.
To be eligible for the British Council Scotland SGSAH Earth Scholarships 2023, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be PhDs and early career researchers registered or graduated from a university outside the UK working in the environmental arts and humanities to come to Scotland to work with an academic mentor and access an institution’s networks and resources of higher education it hosts.
- Must demonstrate excellent academic and research abilities.
- Early career researchers must be within 1 year of being notified of the award of their Ph.D.
Featured: British Council Scholarships to Study in the UK for Women in STEM (Fully Funded)
How to apply: Interested applicants for the British Council SGSAH Earth Scholarship must complete an online application through SGSAH’s online system. Candidates must submit the following supporting documents:
- The complete research proposal. and details of how you will benefit from Cluster participation, cohort building, training and development activities.
- Budgeting and justification of resources.
- The curriculum vitae (up to 4pp).
- Letter of support from your PhD supervisor (up to 2 pp).
- Letter of support from proposed host institution (head of department or equivalent) (by 2pm)
Application deadline: 7u November 2022