The Australian Government through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) welcomes applications from eligible and outstanding students for Australia Awards for Developing Countries. These Awards are highly competitive and fully funded.
The Australia Awards are prestigious, transformative scholarships and short courses offered to emerging leaders from developing countries for study, research and professional development in Australia and the region so that they can return home and contribute to development, prosperity and resilience of their nations.
Scholarship Sponsors: Australian Government
Host institutions: Recognized Australian Universities
Scholarship Worth: fully funded
Number of awards: enough
Level of education: Undergraduate & Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
Also Apply: Arden University Berlin Scholarships for International Students in Germany 2023
DETAILS | Australia Awards for Developing Countries
For 2022, the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) offered 2,075 Australia Awards scholarships and short courses to people from 27 developing countries at an estimated cost of $200 million. For a snapshot of the latest facts and figures, read on Australian Awards Statistical Profile.
The Australian Government’s development policy Australian aid: promoting prosperity, reducing poverty, enhancing stability. It recognizes that higher education is an important element of any investment in development. Learn more about Australia’s development aid for education.
To be eligible for Australian Government Awards for Developing Countries, applicants are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Applicants from developing countries
- Applicants must be enrolled in a full-time program
- Applicants must be enrolled for a postgraduate degree program at an Australian public university
- Applicants who wish to accept an Australia Awards scholarship must sign a contract with the Commonwealth of Australia stating that they will abide by the terms of the scholarship.
- Fellows are required to leave Australia for at least two years after completing their fellowship. Otherwise, the scholar will incur debt for the total accrued cost of their scholarship.
- Also check country-specific eligibility for all participating countries
You may also like: Kansas State University Future Student Scholarships 2023-2024
How to apply: Interested and eligible applicants seeking Australian Government Awards for Developing Countries should apply through Australia Scholarships Online Information System (OASIS).
Application deadline: 30 November 2022